Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Why, oh why???????

I think people that name streets, for example, should use "creativity" in their naming process. By naming a street "1 st. Ave." or "B Street" shows a complete lack of effort. Slackers. There are great names for streets if one puts in a little effort.

I once had a friend who lived on a street called "Nevermind" I loved that! Every time someone asked her address, she's say "1487 Nevermind" they'd look at her and wait...... Wait for her to "remember" the name of her street- isn't that a hoot?

Anyway, work lately I been bothered by flies. We share a block of "quasi-rural" land with a heard of longhorn bulls. Yep. Bulls. Lots of bulls And lots of flies. Lots.

And baby bulls (bull-ets?) And boy, have the bulls been frisky this summer... heehee...but that's ANOTHER post altogether.

OK, back to the flies.

"Fly" is not a noun. Fly is a verb - to fly. One flies on an airplane. A bird flies through the air. To fly on the wings of angels!

Why, oh why, would anyone name a BUG as irritating as a fly "fly"?

Oh come on, don't give me that "Well, it FLIES??!!" routine.

Do we call snakes "slithers-ers?" Do we call beetles walkers? Do we call Roley-polies rollers?

Nooooooo..

but we call flies flies.

We have lady bugs, katydids, grasshoppers, ants, caterpillars, butterflies, spiders, cicadas, centapedes, and all sorts of perfectly good names.

Flies.

How un-creative.

Slackers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...