Tuesday, August 7, 2007

my type of text....

I was listening to the radio this morning. DJs were talking about text messaging and how, we, as parents and grandparents, should learn the abbreviations, you know, to be more informed.

Well, the teeny-boppers with technology have nothing on us! Here are some abbreviations they should learn – if they want to, you know, “be more informed” :

LOL: for teens, means Laughing Out Loud-

to us it means Laying On Lazyboy

PAW – to teens means Parents Are Watching

To us it’s GAW – Grandkids Are Watching

DNR – Dentures Need Relining

MNW – Metamucil Not Working

SSIB – Social Security In Bank

HAU – Hemorrhoids Acting Up

OMG! – Oh My Grandchild!

MG – Memory Gone

WMG – Where’s My Glasses

DAD 4:30 – Dinner At Denny’s (4:30pm!)

we are SOOOO not behind the times. Try to texting that you STT – Snotty Texting –Teenagers….

TTFN!

G-Ma
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Grammie. I've enjoyed reading yours--especially the texting codes :-)

I've posted the Yorkshire Pudding recipe under the YP photos, just for you--and anyone else who cares to indulge.

Enjoy! And TTFN.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...