Wednesday, August 31, 2016

So much to say..so much has happened..from very good to very bad...

2015 was a pretty rough year and I couldn't be happier to say good bye it on January 1st...

We lost our beautiful daughter-in-law, Rachael,in November. Depression + pain pills + alcohol = death at a young age. She and our son Jeff had been married a little over 8 years. They found they couldn't have children which only added to her PTSD from a sexual assault a few years prior to her meeting Jeff. She had demons none of us could help her with.  I ever in the world imagined having to comfort my son in loosing his wife. We weren't entirely sure he'd made it to the other side. But, with love and support, and sheer strength we didn't know he possessed, he has and has found his "new normal"

We lost Braxton, our sweet old man of 15, after many arduous months of him loosing the use of his back legs and us trying acupuncture, doggie wheel chairs, a stroller and pain meds to no avail. We knew we had to let him go..and we miss him each and every day..Lulu is still calling all the shots around here and because she is not "other dog friendly", we have decided to let her live out the rest of her senior years alone with us all to herself. She is a sweetheart you know...

Our  great grandson, Oliver celebrated his first birthday.. MrB and I fulfilled our dream of going to Ireland,,, it was the trip I never expected but always wished for. And, it was everything we had hoped for with the exception of it being only a week and not a month!

We took a few great camping trips in Gracie, our home made trailer. I've started painting again. Got 2 knees replaced..well that was silly..I only have 2..guess I should have said BOTH knees ...

Fell into the trap of FaceBook, Instagram, Pinerest, YouTube and all sorts of time stealers.

And that in a nutshell is why I've been gone ...but I did miss blogging. So, here I am again. I look forward to catching up with all of you ..

Oh, I'll still enjoy FB, Instagram and YouTube...but I will be here, my first "social media" love
-me

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Colleen! I do remember you! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog again. So very sorry to hear of your loss. My cousin's wife took her life years ago (when I was in high school)and left two small boys behind. It's hard to comprehend what brings someone to that point. It's also not easy to lose one of our beloved furbabies. They are such loyal companions. Braxton was one lucky, loved doggy ... may his precious little doggy soul rest in peace. Sending hugs of comfort and friendship, Tammy P.S. What is your IG name?

Linda said...

Welcome back, Colleen! You have sure been through a lot. Life certainly has its share of sorrows as well as joys and I am glad you had some of the latter too. We spent a month in Scotland back in 2009. We have wanted to go to Ireland! I hope you will share some photos with us!

Little Penpen said...

Oh dear Colleen, I am so very sorry about your losses last year. I just cannot even imagine. Braxton was your sweet baby that looks a lot like my Butterbean. His legs have gone out 2-3 times too, but thankfully, he has recovered each time so far. Your trip sounds wonderful and I do hope you have pic's to share. And of course, I want to see your camper pics too. Congrats! on two new knees... did you do them both at the same time? I've only seen a couple people do both at the same time and they are my heroes!! Thanks for coming back to blogger!

Vee said...

Welcome back, Colleen. It is wonderful to have you posting again. Are you going to share some of your camping trips and your trip to Ireland? It's nice to have blog fodder.

I am sorry for the losses...well, not for the loss of the bad knees, but sorry for the heartache your son has endured and it sounds as if it might have gone on a long time. I will pray for his heart to heal and that he will know that life is, after all, for the living. May God bless him and all the family.

You did the right thing for your sweet Braxton, but it is always tough. We lost our sweet Fioré a year ago this month. I lost my beloved John in May. my new normal is not my favorite place right now, but I must accept what has been handed me. I am just grateful for the time we had together, though it was not nearly as long as I wanted.

So here's to blogging and blog buddies and to life!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh my goodness, Colleen - you will have to read my post - I basically said the same thing. So glad to see you here! You have certainly survived a great deal. oxox

Art by Darla Kay said...

I found you again!! I will work on getting back into blogging too! Thanks for the visit :)

So sorry for your loss, I remember seeing that you lost your DIL but didn't ever know much about how. So sad, your family is in my prayers!
Hugs,
Darla

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...