Friday, August 31, 2007

Just an ordinary Thursday@ work.....

I just love an English accent...

Most of the time.

Phone rings.

Me: Hello, Scenic Route. How can I help you?

Her: Ellllooo... And I sooo love the American accents! How you don’t say the T in WaTer. You say waadder. …

And... is your company pronounced Scenic Rowt or Scenic Root? The way you just pronounced it..are you , by chance from Texas??

Me: Uh, no. I guess you could say either “Scenic Root” Like Route 66 or “Scenic Rowt” like Route. I say Scenic Route….

Her: you Americans are funny….

Me: (thinking - not saying...) ha ha ha - do you have a point with this?

We spoke for a while longer and the more she talked the more I pictured a rather snooty, nose in the air kind of person whose mouth is in a perpetual downward turn. Eyes half closed..,,you know what I’m talking about …

Anyway, at the end of the call…

Her: Well, I’m Sarah……(pause) ......with an H”…..

Me: Funny, in America…we spell Sarah with an “S” …..

Hahhahahahahahhahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha!

I TOTALLY crack me up….!!

Ahhhh.. I love my job.... Is it Friday yet??????????????
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

April said...

You are too funny! You crack me up!! At least you get to talk to people. I listen to white noise all day long and the silence is making me crazy!!! Sometimes I just want to stand up and shout "Why is everyone so quite!!" Or maybe I will just bring in a radio and turn it up good and loud. I mean, the only sound I hear(besides the white noise)is the taping of people typing- yikkkeeessss! Fun to think of what you would do if you did have to work anymore for a living! Since I do, I had better get back to it. Maybe someones phone will ring??!! That would be great! Have a great Friday!

April said...

I guess the lack of verbal communication is impacting my typing skills- I meant to say it would be nice if you did NOT have to work for a living!

Kristina Werner said...

You betcha it's Friday! :)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...