Saturday, September 1, 2007

I might be becoming..one of 'THOSE 'people....

You know, the type that takes their shoes off to feel the grass beneath their feet...to be connected to Mother Earth....lalala

The ones that say good night to the night...including the moon and the stars?

The ones who take a tissue to pick up a bug rather than squish it - then release to the world, saying "be free little bug...."

Yep, that may be me.

At work, we have a mop-sink in the restroom and sometimes we get pesky little visitors. Most of the time, I'm right there, fly swatter in hand, dong a little pre-emptive strike of my own.

But earlier this week, as I 'sat' there....I spotted a little bug.

Hurrying, scurying - doing what little bugs do - mostly running around in circles.

I thought, I really should get the swatter and.....

But, seeing how I have a great memory - it's just short- I forgot.

Until a little while later, when I spotted him on his little bug-back, legs flailing around in six different directions. I guess I must have thought - "he's circling the drain..." (if you know what I mean)..and I forgot about him.

Until the next day.

Yep.

Still in there, legs flailing in all six directions, only now, markedly slower. I thought as soon as I 'finish' I'll go squish him.

But then I thought....poor little thing. He must be tired, what with all that leg-flailing and all. And in six different directions...for over 18 hours................ON HIS BAAAACK....

........what a will to live!

So, I found a piece of cardboard and flipped him over.

Flip. Hmm..........a good name. I "flipped" him over - get it??

Flip. Yep, Flip it is...

Flip.............Wilson !

Because......................wait for it....................wait for it.................

He's a black bug!

Oh, don't give me that................it's funny.

And , Flip Wilson used to bug me sometimes, with that Geraldine character and all.....VERY convincing as a woman.... a huh.....

So before you get all huffy with me...let me finish....

A little while later, I go in to....um... check up on Flip. ....You know, see what progress he's made towards the door....

He's ON HIS BACK AGAIN! There was no one in there with him - he flipped himself back over!

Heavy sigh....................he must be suicidal.

...........................so I flushed him.

What, you were expecting some sort of supreme enlightenment here??
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...