Thursday, September 27, 2007

Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister. ~Alice Walker....

I've written about my parents. I've written about my big brother Larry .

I've even written a little bit about my sister Kathy.

Well, I happen to have 2 sisters.

Kathy and Gerri.

Lucky me.

No, seriously. Lucky me!

They are as different as night and day....

...but are two peas in a pod.

One shops, one rides.

One is all business, one is all crafty.

One has a tight-knit group of horse-loving friends.

One has a tight-knit group of fun-loving friends.

They are both great mothers and grandmothers.

They are both my heroes and my teachers.

They are my life-lines and the butt of my jokes.

They are my friends and my counselors.

They are what "family" is all about.

They have always been there for me.

Abusive first mariage, divorce, cancer, heart failure, hysterectomy, death of our parents....

They have always been there for me.

Marriage, births, weddings, celebrations, "Thanks-mas", the Gathering of the Girls....

They have always been there for me.

And for that, I will always love them.......

Always.


So remember.....in the words of the Peanuts comic strip creator Charles M. Schulz....

"Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life."

hahahahahahahaha! Love you guys!
Me


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...