Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ah..what a fun night!...



Larry and Cilla are on the road again...

"Oh, just can't wait to get on the road again" as willie Nelson would sing.
They're off to Jackson Hole and then to his son Jim's place in Idaho.

And I miss them already.

We had such a fun time. Randy cooked a wonderful baked pasta and we had a green salad and cheesy grilled toast. Mmmm. A glass of white wine and we were all set. Oh, and my famous pineapple-pecan cake with cream cheese frosting!

Jeff and Rachael joined us and since I had missed her birthday last Saturday, gave her a small birthday present.

And a small birthday cake. ( she doesn't like pineapple- but LOVES chocolate!)

With 2 small candles. And we sung a small "Happy birthday to you". And we had a great time.

But morning came and we said good-bye. Maybe this time for a shorter time period.

I remember Daddy telling us he'd not seen some of his brothers or sisters in, oh, like 20 years!

I can't imagine. 2 years since I had seen Larry was too long.

Life is too short and too precious to miss out. We do email and call, but to hug, well that's another thing.

To have actual proof that we're OK and we love each other. Way good.

So hug all you can. Tell people you love that you love them, even if you think they know.

It's soo good to hear!

2 comments:

April said...

Glad you had a great time. Can't wait to hear all about your visit. LOVE YA!! April

Bonita Rose said...

amen, it's what i did all weekend with my girls!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...