Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday evening at the park...

What would be better to do on a hot Sunday evening in August? Go to the park for a free concert presented by the United States Air Force Band.

At our little postage-stamp-sized historic Main Street park, we enjoyed an evening of great music. Everything from the big-band 40's music to Corrine Bailey Rae. Now that's variety!

People with their lawn chairs, some just sitting on the cool grass.

Little barefoot boys with buzz haircuts playing on the swings -little girls making sand castles in the playground sand.

Folks of all ages, grandparents with grand kids, young people, middle aged people, and I'm certain, veterans from all the wars.

Some saluting the band members. Others giving a standing ovation when the singer sang "America the Beautiful".

It was like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting. And it was right here! Wow...

And to think I almost missed it. I really do need to wear my glasses when I walk the pups.

The banner advertising this even has been there all week - hanging on the chain link fencing that goes around part of the park.

First, I thought it was last week. No.

Then I thought it said "12 - 7pm" which I thought was a long, hot time to be playing music in the park.

When I didn't hear music at about 12:30, I told Randy it must be next week.

What the banner DID say was "the 12th at 7pm."

Kind of got suspicious when lots of people were walking by the house with lawn chairs.....

Duh

However, (I love however, instead of but...) we had a great time. The sun was setting and the breeze was blowing. We didn't have to drive, or park, or haul, because we're about 2 houses down from the park! It was wonderful.

Now I can't wait until fall so we can go to the Pumpkin Festival in the Historic Sandy Community Gardens!

What a life....Hmmmmmmm.......
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

sounds like u had one amazing evg.. wow!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...