Monday, March 23, 2009

Unorganized weather...

..that's what they call it in a book I'm reading, The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

(great book by the way - I'm only about half way through and I don't want to stop reading...good thing I don't have to do book reviews - I'd say they are all great..I can usually tell within a few pages if I'm going to stick with it and why would I want to stick with a book that isn't great? So, I guess all the books I've read are.....great :-)

Back to the unorganized weather...Saturday, 70 degrees. People in flip-flops, shorts ( a little too early if you asked me..buy they didn't)... people walking their dogs, working in the yard...

..we look kinda like those "mole-people"....you know....when they finally come out of the dark, they move s-l-o-w-l-y, eyes squinted by the light..that's how I picture Spring in Utah.

Then this morning....


Ah well, gotta love it. I don't ever want to be "predictable" so why should Mother Nature?

The drive in might have been a little slick, but this is where I land every day - my cubicle away from home..not bad. Warm tea, soft bears and lots of interesting calls and emails.




What's not to like..............................................................................




OK, so maybe that was for my boss who occasionally reads this - I guess I would have liked not to have driven..not to have to white-knuckled it the extra few miles to the new office..and while we're at it...I think I'm going to call in sic.....uh.....well some day!

Yeah, came down with a raging case of silly....hit me like a ton of teddy bears..I'm just going to have to call in ..happy.

heehee

Have a DRY and WARM Tuesday..who knows..I may have to have the air on in my car on tomorrow's drive home..

-me

7 comments:

Monica said...

Looove your Teddy Bear!!And many thanks for your enthusiastic comment on my Pink Saturday post! Glad you liked my pillows!
Monica.
P.S As for the weather thing... should I change the wardrobe or not???!! Who knows!

Heather said...

oh my goodness! your weather would drive me crazy, lol! we'd all be sick that's for sure!

Vee said...

Crazy weather!

I enjoyed seeing your cubby all decorated and looking cute. It must make the day so much more pleasant. (Some places do not allow this. Some place that I shall not mention. Some place that was a real drag to work at.)

Call in happy? Now that's a super way of thinking about it differently. I must remember that!

Karen said...

Sounds like the weather here in New England. I literally do not put away my snow boots until I take out my bathing suit!

debi said...

Love how cute you have your cubicle decorated...and I LOVE teddy bears!
While I don't like the summer heat, I am going crazy for spring, so I can get outside and plant something! But, the change of weather (never the same ol, same ol) is one of the things I love about living in Utah. Go Utah!!

diane b said...

Funny about the weather. Here too, it just wont cool down. We are supposed to be in Autumn but we still have summer temps but not quite so humid. In fact its rather pleasant, better than a long winter i think.

Julie said...

I like that - "unorganized weather". I think that's what we have here and a better name for what I'd call it. What would I call it? Well, check your email for a copy of a ND weather map. I'll send it in just a minute.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...