Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Miss Alyssa!

Alyssa, my oldest granddaughter, turned 18 om Thursday.




18!


She was just 10 - I swear...


Long legs, knobby knees, glasses, braces, her nose always in a book...interested in horses & cats. And books.

Now, she's a beauty. 18.

Graduates in May. Starts college in August. Away from home. Not far away...but far enough...

Long legs, contacts, beautiful straight teeth, her nose always perfectly made-up...interested in running, gymnastics, writing....and boys.


OK, B.O.Y. As in one.




Better be good to her...after all, these are no ordinary Grandparents he's dealing with...



Happy Birthday , Sweet Alyssa!




XXOO
grammie

-me

13 comments:

RoeH said...

She's beautiful. Have fun having a happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a beauty. I know you are proud of her. Happy Birthday and stay in the books and leave those old boys alone =)

Vee said...

Such a lovely granddaughter! I hope that she has a very happy day. Enjoy the cake!

Betty said...

Wow...what a doll! Isn't it amazing she is already 18?! Love the picture of you and Randy looking all serious...well, PRETENDING to look all serious...haha. Happy B'day, Alyssa.

A Wild Thing said...

I gotta tell ya, your comment brought tears to my eyes...then I clicked on your blog...and again guffawed at your crazy humor...girl you crack me up and thanks for ruining a perfectly soggy momment...but you made my day...'do I smell birthday cake'...and the transformation of the perfect couple on main St....what a hoot!

But wonderful birthday wishes to a beautiful daughter, Alyssa...she is so lucky to have you guys in her life...never a dull moment...pitty the fool that tries to mess with that Main street bunch!!!

Luv ya sista!

s

A Wild Thing said...

Again, I laugh...even your mistakes are a riot!!!

HUGS...s

T.Allen said...

Hahah, great post. I loved the photos. Happy birthday Alyssa!

Heather said...

what a sweet birthday post!

Anonymous said...

What a beauty she is. Lucky young man (and he is very cute too!)

Little Penpen said...

Beautiful Alyssa! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

She is one beautiful granddaughter! Loved the pic of you and Randy in the picure frame. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks so much for sharing.

diane b said...

You must be very proud of such a beautiful grand daughter. Happy Birthday to Alyssa. Don't mess with those grandparents.

Laurie and Chris said...

We hope you had a great birthday Alyssa!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...