Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blustery day...


Hum dum dum ditty dum
Hum dum dum

Oh the wind is lashing lustily

And the trees are thrashing thrustily

And the leaves are rustling gustily

So it's rather safe to say

That it seems that it may turn out to be

It feels that it will undoubtedly

It looks like a rather blustery day, today

It sounds that it may turn out to be

Feels that it will undoubtedly

Looks like a rather blustery day today..

Boy howdie. Nothing like hurricane or tornado, but for Salt Lake City, it was pretty windy. I think I even saw some small animals and children blowing by..

Told them they needed rocks in their pockets today..but would they listen..nooooo.

The wind make me kinda crazy..like the big old orange crane at the construction site next door..just a big old orange thing a blowin' in the wind..

Not that I'm comparing myself to a big old orange crane..but you get my drift...

Kinda like not knowing which way I am today...hungry? um..no...board..maybe a little..tired? Sort of..just back and forth, like the swaying crane...

Bad hair day..that's nothing...I had a bad eyebrow day. It was just a weird day. Windy and all..

The ONE redeeming thing about windy days is the sound of wind chimes..love that sound. And they were all in tune today.

The temperature actually went down - it was colder after work than when I went in...

See...weird.

So, off t bed I am, with visions of Old Pooh and Piglet...and the sound of wind chimes...

It's not so bad after all, huh? -me

11 comments:

diane b said...

I love Pooh and Piglet. I still have my books that I had as a child. The wind poem is super. I don't like wind it gives me a headache and I always manage to get grit in my eyes. It actually cooled down this morning and very little humidity. I really enjoyed my walk thinking at last Autumn is coming but this afternoon its back to hot.

Betty said...

Cooler, eh? We should see some of that in a couple of days...not that I'm looking forward to it! You know me, sun and heat, sun and heat...two of my favorite things!

Don't blow away, sweetie!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love your new banner!!! Don't blow to far away!! Laurie

Vee said...

Hang on! =)

Monica said...

Well, I don't love windy days that much... I feel soo nervous!!
I LOOOVE your Pooh! I have just received a vintage one in the mail from a blogging friend!!;))
Monica.

Laura said...

Saw your comment over at Vee's and thought I'd swing by and say hello!
It's a bit of a windy day here too. Spring is in the air though! yay!!!
Love the Pooh picture.. :)
Laura

Charmingdesigns said...

You must be posting your new post right now..I was able to read about it on google reader, but its not on your blog right now...but check this out http://natashaburns.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love your new banner! and as for Winnie and Co. well my Paul is Winnie mad and loves to sing "the house on pooh corner" Yup...winnie is quite a bear.

Femin Susan said...

perfect and beautiful words......

Julie said...

I am not familiar with that poem - how could I not have heard it before. It is already March 6 and we have not had a blustery day here - you can guarantee it.

I hate wind. It makes me owlish and grouchy.

Neabear said...

I remember one year when we were camping, it was so windy we thought the wind was going to blow the tent away with us in it.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...