Thursday, March 19, 2009

Do you remember Oprah's "Ah-ha" moments?


Well, I had one today...huh..waddaya know..

Yep, I have been doing well on my weight loss plan, but some weeks when I think I've done REALLY well by my standards, I go in and will loose but a half pound or so..

"Hmph.." I say to myselves, "I thought we did better than that.." ( I always include all of the me's when I speak...)

Then yesterday I was feeling quite slim...in trying to figure out why I was feeling so good, I discovered it was because my jeans were quite baggy and my "muffin top" was a "reduced-fat muffin top"... Oh Yay!

Well, DUH. I was still waring the jeans that became too tight 39 pounds ago and prompted me to Weight Watchers in the first place...

Goofus.

And now they were loose.....and comfortable...and a little to "confidence building" if you know what I mean.

Today I put on a smaller pair...didn't have to lie on the bed to zip them or anything, however, they are snug...just snug enough to be a bit UN-comfortable...and that's a good thing. I'm now not so flippant about the possibility of just one M (as in M&M) or just ONE more cookie...

I'm not ready to invest in a new wardrobe yet because I'm only half way there, but I can go the a thrift store and pick up some inexpensive finds in a smaller size so I will keep on top of things..but.....I'm gettin' there...






Ah-Ha....

Gotta love that Oprah...

-me

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking great. I have gained what you lost. I think im gonna get of this medication because I still hurt anyway. So what diet are you doing?

The Feathered Nest said...

Colleen! You look GORGEOUS!!!! You inspire this overweight chick to do something about it! We've just started eating healthy...now to continue :) keep up the good work sweetie and have a wonderful weekend! xxoo, Dawn

RoeH said...

You look wonderful!!!!! If I didn't take such horrendous pictures, I'd to that too to see the difference. Next life I get to be pretty!

Karen said...

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

A Wild Thing said...

WOWZA...what a difference...yayyy...Ok, now I've got the 'M' guilt written all over my face...er butt...keep up the good work, why waste our beautiful selves to gluttony at this age...right...well maybe just one 'M'...

Ha...s

Vee said...

Absolutely! One must keep up with the wardrobe when losing weight or all is lost. And one must remember that because you now "feel" heavier in the tighter jeans is a very GOOD thing. You look amazing! You're doing a fantastic job!

Coleen said...

you look just fab!!...I bought the book "The Flat Belly Diet"....I guess I should open it and read it, huh??? thanks for the in"spirit"ation!!!!

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

You look wonderful!! You look fabulous
and divine!! Your doing great!

Btw, I have been having many Oprah Ah-ha moments lately. Things are changing in the world all around us and it
makes me ponder ... and then I have an Ah-ha moment.... or maybe it's just the allergy meds. LOL!

hugs~kimme

Pearl said...

It really shows Colleen, you have lost a lot of weight. It's so hard but you are doing it!! Congrats to you, you look beautiful. Hey wher'd that tukey go???

Charmingdesigns said...

You are looking soooo good.It is really showing!! laurie

Laurie and Chris said...

Congratulations!! You look wonderful. Great job!

diane b said...

Wow you have done well! Congratulations. I'm busy puting it on, hopefully when I go back to work next term and stop going out to eat and start gym again, I can lose my muffin top.

Betty said...

Just look at that neck!! You look fantastic! I'm catching up and this is where I left off before going to Little Rock. On to your next post!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...