Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to my very first Grandchild (who has grown up to be a ...man!)


Brian - the one who made me a Grandma at 36 - well, to be fair, it was his Mom & Dad - and he has been a complete joy in my life for 22 years today..



Brian is really not your typical teen-to-adult man in many ways. He's polite. He's kind. When he's around my sisters, he participates in the conversations. (even though we're the old hens and he's used to young chicks..) He still tells me he loves me ...




He's going to be a 3rd. grade teacher. I asked him "why 3rd. grade?" and he said "they are so able to learn at that age - they know all the stuff kindergartener's don't know...like how to line up. But they're not too smart-mouthed ... still respect the teacher"

Good thinking. Just so happens his little sister is in the 3rd. grade right now. Emily & Brian are best buds - always have been. There were times he was the only one she listened to. He could get her to behave and she loved him so - still does.


He has a great girlfriend that is already like a Granddaughter to me- Tessa...


He's a great photographer and has one of the best dogs in the whole world, Kobe. Got him when he was a pup and the two of them have been through a lot - they always have each other. He's the kind of dog even Brian's room mates love...






He's not perfect..no one is. He doesn't return calls right away..he's too skinny...I don't get to see him enough (not his fault - he's in Arizona)


But I get to see him and Emily and Alyssa at Alyssa's graduation in May. Can't wait.



Dad Chris, Brian and Mr. B - am I lucky or what??

Hug your Grands - if you don't have any yet, I highly recommend them. Hug someone else's Grands. If you're a Grand hug your Grandparents - Oh, just go hug somebody, will ya??!

-me

16 comments:

RoeH said...

How dare these kids grow up! But you know...I think I like it better that they do. There's a lot of blessings to it. I wish I had a grandchild that age to fix things in my house that are now broken and I don't know how to fix. Starting with the scanning thing on my computer. A geek. I need a Geek!

Pearl said...

Your grandson sounds so wonderful, wish him happy Birthday! Grandkids are the best, I know I have two.

Charmingdesigns said...

Ok...let see, my hubs is in bed sleeping...I don't think he wants a hug right now...so that leaves my adorable kitties...they always want a hug!lol. Have a good rest of the week! Laurie

JapaneseKeane said...

Happy birthday!!

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

What a wonderful grandkid you have! He sounds like he will make a wonderful teacher and we can always use more good teachers :) It is not surprising that you have a terrific grandkid... you are a terrific grandma!!!

Happy Birthday Brian!!

~Kimme

diane b said...

You sure are lucky. he sounds a nice person, must be to be a teacher. Our neighbours have two cute kids we adopt them as our suragate grand children.

Anonymous said...

A handsome darling if ever I saw one. Give him a big birthday hug from me..Pam

Sweetie said...

Your family is beautiful. Those of us that have a large family are so blessed.
Sweetie

Vee said...

A terrific tribute! Who wouldn't be proud of a grand like yours?!

Yes, you're a lucky gal and it's always fun to read when someone is blessed and knows it!

Heather said...

you cracked me up at the end! alright, alright, i'll go hug someone! cute post. sounds like you have a wonderful grandson!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Happy birthday to your first born grandson!.My little grandson had his 4th birthday on Monday the 23rd. Great boys born in the month of March. I will hug my grands every chance I get and I always hug them in my heart when I can't see them. We are very lucky to have grandchildren they are our legacy.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Little Penpen said...

Happy Birthday to Brian! What a handsome first grandchild! The kids will think it so cool to have a man for a third grade teacher. I'm with him on teaching the younger ones... there may still be some sweetness left in them in 3rd grade!

Laurie and Chris said...

What a great post! Happy Birthday Brian!!

Betty said...

What a nice tribute! Brian is just as cute as can be...as are his dad and granddad! Lucky you, to have such nice men in your life! We are blessed, eh?

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandson. He sounds like a wonderful young man and I bet he will be a great teacher. Love the picture of the two of you together - it's obvious you have a close, loving relationship!

In fact, I loved all of the pictures. Yes, you are blessed, sweetie! Such a beautiful family!!

Julie said...

Okay so I thought the dog was not perfect and does not return phone calls. You know me, I get fixated on dogs.

Don't know when I'll ever be a grandma. :{

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...