Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday....in the park....I think it was the fourth of Jul....uh..28th of March..

...somehow, it's not as good as when Chicago sang it. Hmm..

And I wasn't even in the park today. I am so lame.

But I did a teensy bit of thrifting and made more domino necklaces..


I have had a thing for mis-matched red plates ever since I saw the collection a while back that Cherry Hill Cottage has...http://cherryhillcottage.typepad.com/cherryhill_cottage/

Do you remember these fat pitchers? I think I had one like this in the 70's..but I thought since we {usually} have lemon water when we have a dinner party - that this would be great for the table..a few lemon slices floating...

This is the cute little inside of a bird-topped little ceramic thingy I bought to hold my ring when I do "stuff"....you know..that I would'nt want my ring on for..you know..like dishes..or hair gel..

Isn't it cute? And this little weird frame..looks kinda western....or weird.."Western Weird"..has a certain ring to it..

Ta-Da! Today's haul..a total of $4.75...

OK, so you remember those screens I was whining about? The ones you finally told me to just go ask for??

Well, here's what I did with the smaller of the two (which became..uh..actually..6..)..I went back...

I'm going to hang this on my wall for my necklaces. Picked up some "s" hooks ..little ones..and they will hold the danglers.


No, didn't paint them..rub-ons!



Who are these people???

The little dog looked like a newspaper-boy with his hat..so I did the background in newspaper...



I think I'll call this one "Bird on a Wire"..except it's a branch.

Yep, more rub-ons. "The lazy persons way to good art.."

So, all in all had a great day. Lunch with Mr. B at Cafe Rio, diner of Mr. B's veggies (don't worry - he has M&M's, his Mother's home-made peach-berry pie and chips and con queso..)

I think I'll take some Tums for him..I think my tummy aches...

-me

17 comments:

RoeH said...

I love the little doggy with the hat off to the side. So cute. But then you knew I would pick out something with four feet. Or a leg on each corner.

Vee said...

Very clever use of the screens! I like the rub-ons, they look terrific. Each of the necklaces is a delight and I especially like the bird with the twig...too cute.

Jean said...

LOVE what you did with the screen and the domino necklaces are perfect! Are you going to sell them? Love your creativity! The ramdom post is too funny. You always make me smile. Thanks! Jean

Laurie and Chris said...

The screen looks great it will be perfect for the necklaces. I love all of the necklaces. What great bargans you got thrifting!!

Betty said...

You have captured the market on fun things to do with screens...go public with them!

Your necklaces are so much fun...gonna have to get some dominoes!

That first little plate with the big red heart...why can't I find things like that? You are the 'thrifting queen'!!

Pearl said...

I really like the way you did the screens up. Very nice! And I really like the looks of your neclaces. Very unique and nice. Dang! where the heck do you thrift at?? That's quite a nice hall for the moola you spent. Good job!

Pearl said...

P.S. The puppy neclace is my favorite!

Heather said...

the screens look awesome! love your heart plate and the little trinket box for holding your ring! very cute!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I'm in love with the puppy necklace too! The screens look absolutely amazing....what a surprise...you are so blessed with artsiness!

white o'morn cottage said...

The bird on branch...is just so lovely. Very creative ..and the frames turned out so well. Well done..Pam

diane b said...

You are so immaginative and clever.What do you do with the necklaces that you make?

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Oh no! Now you have gone and done it! I can't get the song out of my head now. Saturday, in the park.. i think it was the 4th of july...

~Kimme

Aishling O'Neill said...

Wow!!! Those Necklaces are just wonderful!!! :D

So beautiful!!!

Aishling

Connie said...

Hi, I am new to your site. Aishling is very generous with his comments, isn't he ? That's how i found your site, through his.
Yes, I love those necklaces ~~ I started doing a small one first, and I hope it comes out well.
Where do you find the large rub on's ? I can only get the little ones with initials, etc.

May I put the quote you posted above on my blog ? My site is My thoughts and creations or
http://mythoughtsandcreations.blogspot.com/

Kimme and I write back and forth so I know someone on your site.
You are very talented and creative.
Stop by and see me.

Connie said...

I'm so glad you got to visit me. Maybe we have things in common because I was a scrapbooker for 10 years. I used to live at 2 Peas and didn't know there was another site on the computer.
Things are changing slowly to paper crafts, and scrapping is digital. I love the papers, still.
Jewelry is big now, too. Guess they call it beading now.
Come visit anytime and stay as long as you like.

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

I really like what you did with your screen and I absolutely love your necklaces. That little dog on the newsprint is irresistable!

Julie said...

What a great idea for necklaces. Mine are always getting tangled up. And by the way, you have made some beauties - love the dog one!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...