Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So, what's up??

Not much here. Waitin' on Spring. Walkin' the pups. Enjoyin' life in general..trying to stay awake..



....WHAT?

Yep, been kinda sleepy lately. I sleep restlessly at night, and they sort of frown if you sleep at work.


But I'm one of those who gets really truly madly deeply sleepy about 25 minutes before the alarm...then all I want to do for the rest of the day is nap....


Once again, bosses frown on all the snoring at the desk...seems you are "bothering" the people in the next cubicles...whatever..


I don't know..maybe I am interrupting their internet shopping..hehehehe, "just kidding" (she says with an evil grin)

So, here's a top 5 list of things to say if you're caught napping at your desk:

5. “They told me at the Blood Bank this might happen.”

4. “This is just a 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time management course you sent me to.”

3. “Whew! Guess I left the top off the White-Out. You probably got here just in time.”

(OK, before you use this one, you should actually HAVE White-Out at your desk..and some on the monitor screen..)

2. “Did you ever notice sound coming out of these keyboards when you put your ear down real close?”

And the NUMBER ONE best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk…

1. Raise your head slowly and say, “ Thank you, and Amen !”

hahahahaha! Have a WiDE AWaKe Wednesday, OK?

-me

11 comments:

RoeH said...

LOL...On the last one, I truly did that one time. I wasn't sleeping but there was a lull and it had been a slow boring day and I laid my little head down on the desk for a minute. Somebody walked by and said something crass and I said...in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. Funny.

Betty said...

Don't you get a kick out of watching someone try to stay awake?Sitting straight up, then his/her head starts to droop...then, his/her chin hits his/her chest and he/she pops up like a Jack-in-the-Box. He/she quickly looks around to see if anyone noticed. I use he/she because noone is immune, eh? The reason I can describe this so well is that it has happened to me on numerous occasions at boring classes, meetings, etc.

Thanks for a good laugh and a funny memory!

Southern Lady said...

LOL ... what a cute post. Loved # 1!

Heather said...

very funny! love the pictures. very cute!

Lindsay said...

I know this post was inspired by me and my hour and half nap yesterday and I am ok with it. I think next time I will try that first thing! AMen sister!

Love you lots! From WWWAAAAAYYY across the office!

Monica said...

HOW SWEET WAS THAT of you????!!! I am sooo grateful for that lovely wish, thank you, thank you a lot!!!!
...Looove these pups!!!!!! I'd need a nap, too... I ate too much cake!!!!;)
Monica.

Vee said...

Oh too funny!

I'm sorry that you're not sleeping well. Do you think a bottle of melatonin might get you back on track?

Anonymous said...

Hi Colleen ,loved your post about Ireland [whats not to love]anyway over here we can get stuff in the chemist called kalms, a natural aid for sleep , i hear its good i meself take half a sleeping tablet when i cant sleep and bobs your uncle zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, Angie .

Karen said...

thank you so much for visiting my blog. Sounds like your sleep problems are exactly like mine. The sleeping pills give me extremely weird dreams and I do dream most often in the early morning. My best sleep time seems to be 4am-whatever time I have to get up. come visit again!

Little Penpen said...

Thank you and Amen... great response. You surely wouldn't get fired for praying!

Anonymous said...

Great excuses. I have taken note and will be using them all...next week

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...