Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Some things are meant to jiggle..


Jello.

Buildings in San Fransisco.

Slime.

Double "D's".



Pudding before it, you know...... pudds..

The handle of a running toilet.

Undercooked eggs at IHOP.

The family budget.

Baby bellies.

Ah ha - that's the one...BABY bellies. Cute. Adorable even.

Not so much when it's my belly.

And, until very recently, I hadn't really noticed my belly jiggling. It was too faaa...uh..too fuuu...too... BIG.

And it was tight. You know, like when you have a full water balloon...that can't jiggle because it's too full.

Firm-in- a-not-good-way firm??

The other day I was wearing my now-too-big-for-me-jeans-but-I'm-too-cheap-to-buy-
in-between-jeans..you know the ones...(I can actually pull them up & down to go potty without un-zipping them..) Hey....Grown-up "pull-ups"! I know...TMI..

OK, so....someone made me laugh in a meeting.

All of a sudden I felt this.......jiggle.

Oh. My. Heck.

What was that??? Embarrassingly, I knew....I KNEW..it was my not-so-tight-belly. 38 lbs. gone and obviously I hadn't found anything funny enough to actually make it...jiggle ...before...

Lordy, Lordy. What now?? Stop laughing?? Surgery?? EXERCISE, for goodness sakes??

Then I remembered something I wore, and that I saw my Mother wear...a girdle!



If I got one tight enough..and if I knew the law of physics..I could aim all that too-big-for-me-skin ...somehow... up..up...up..

And, if I could figure out the mechanics of it all, I could have....boo...ah...hoote..bossoms... again!


Course, then it would be just this one...massive... mammary. A uni-boob..

...finally, a use for all those "tube tops" of the 70's...

Oh joy...

Somehow, I don't see that actually happening.

Ah well...maybe all those stars I have been wishing on were actually airplanes...


Happy Jiggle-free Thursday to you.

Now, do not make me laugh..

-me

14 comments:

JapaneseKeane said...

Yeah, I`ll do my best to spend Jiggle-free day!! LoL

RoeH said...

I finally had to go Oprah's route with Spandex...is that the brand? I totally disgust myself.

RoeH said...

No...is it Spanx? Whatever.

diane b said...

So what feels worse a tight big tummy or a loose wobbly tummy? Maybe lots of laughing will tighten up the jiggles. I know how to swim so I don't know why I'm carrying around this spare tyre. It jiggles too.

Vee said...

Stop it! You're making me jiggle! Now a little trip through the lingerie department may be just the thing...it's the 21st Century, my friend! Thanks for the laughs...

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh my goodness. That is to funny. How wonderful that you've lost so much!!!! That makes your Jiggles a "Good Thing"! laurie

Jan said...

I am thoroughly impressed with the loss and laughing my jiggly bottom off reading your post! Too funny! Unless we are one of those crazy exercise people who have a negative body fat index, then at a certain point in our lives there will be some jigglage. : ) Part of life...can't get around it! LOL! Laugh it up and enjoy!

Monica said...

Hello!!
You were kidding, I'm not- I've been 'hired-out' by 'tablescape impaired' friends to help them !!!!!!!!!!!!;)))
Jiggling belly??Oh it is YOU who make me laugh!!!
Monica.

Anonymous said...

Now mine is doing the jiggle from laughing!

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

I want to jiggle too, if it can mean I'm losing weight! I want some of those too-big-for-me pants! All I have are the too-tight-for-me variety! You are doing so great, girl! This jiggling - it's a good thing! Maybe just a bit of spandex during the transition phase - that should do the trick!!

Southern Lady said...

Hi ...

Thank you so much for leaving such a sweet note on my Southern Lagniappe blog. I'm so glad it led me to your delightful blog.

Your "Jiggles" post was hilarious, and I was so glad the story about Owen had a happy ending. I'll be back to read some more soon.

Sincerely,

Janie

Laurie and Chris said...

38lbs!!!! That is so great!! Congratulations!

Julie said...

You are too funny, lady! Uniboob - that's a good one. And why not make you laugh? Laughing is good exercise!

Betty said...

I'm so happy for you and your 38-pound loss!! Jiggle on, my friend!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...