Sunday, March 29, 2009

..a pear... a pair...and a pair..

Have you ever craved certain fruits? I'm not big on some of the "favorites" of most people:

1. Strawberries - too tart..but I love strawberry jam. And strawberry ice cream. And shakes, don't forget shakes..

2. Oranges - Love the good ones, sweet and juicy. But you never know what you're going to get..and most of the time I get disappointed..so I guess I do know what I'm going to get...Don't like to drink orange juice - too many calories for something I haven't eaten..

3. Apples - eh- they're OK..I like 'em covered in caramel..Good crisp ones that have flavor would be good - I don't know what it is, but it seems all of the ones I have tasted lately are like crunchy water..

4. Bananas - they're OK in small portions - or in things....or under things....like...ice cream.. and 3 kinds of syrup..or with peanut butter..

But I have been really enjoying pears. Been cutting them up and putting them in Greek yogurt with a little Splena...very yummy.

And I like blueberries. And cantaloupe but I like honeydew better..watermelon is getting better - never much liked it when I was a kid..

So, right now it's pears. They do bruise easily and they ripen quickly -but when you get a good one...whoohoo..you've really got something.


Oh, and I made a pair of new necklaces. This one is a washer..imagine that..but I thought it would be cute and kinda retro..and..a pair of cherries!..yet another fruit I'm not crazy about.
To eat.
Love it in decorating...


This one is plastic. Inked. I'm so-so on this one. But they're fun to do..


Well, the laundry's done, I'm showered, the pups have been walked and I'm reading a new book. Guess I'll call it a night and hope we'll have a commute with no snow tomorrow. Have a safe day where ever you are and thanks for stopping by..
image by Penny Black..
-me

ps...Lulu & Braxton are the other pair..and they say..."good night, sleep tight.."

10 comments:

diane b said...

I was sorting through my recipe cuttings today and found a nice one for pears.
Briefly you poach the pears (peeled and cored) in white wine, lemon juice caster sugar cloves, saffron for about 15 mins. Take them out of the juice and stuff a date into the cores, wrap them in foil and bake for 7-8 mins, Reduce the juice. Whisk cinnamon and yoghurt.
Slice the pears in half, pour over juice and top with yoghurt.

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

We have the same taste in Fruit. I am very bad about
eating them unless they are already for me. If I have to peel them then it is too much trouble. LOL!

Love your necklaces!

Hugs~Kimme

Vee said...

Pears are my favorite fruit and blueberries are my favorite berry so your post speaks to me today.

Love what you are doing with the necklaces...

Cute furbabies, too!

Betty said...

That picture of Braxton and Lulu is so precious! You get a lot of precious pictures of them and I love seeing each one!

Your necklaces are just too fun...I like them both.

Fruit? Remember Maynard G. Krebs, a friend of Dobie Gillis? The way he said 'WORK?!' That's the way I say 'FRUIT'...haha.

Heather said...

oh so true about the perfectly ripe pear. Mmm so yummy! cute picture of the doggies!

Aishling O'Neill said...

I love Pears myself :D
I remember when I was younger (well only a few years ago really, hehe!!!) my Nana used to have such lovely ripe pears and she would give them to me with some lovely Vanilla Ice Cream!!! I'm hungry now!!! :P

Those necklaces are beautiful and you're doggies are so cute!!! :D

Aishling.

Jean said...

Pairs are my favorite, usually with cottage cheese. Just hate that they bruise so easy. I'm hooked on Gala apples right now but any apple is good with my fav dip. 8oz cream cheese(light), 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 Tbsp vanilla. Yummy! Jean

Pearl said...

I love any kind of fruit! Bring it on. Especially grapes, and I really like your necklaces, especially the second one. And of course last but not least the sweetest pups ever Lulu & Braxton!!

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh, I'm crazy about the cherry necklace with the perky red and white ribbon. And it's a washer? How cool!

Those two doggie are the sweetest little angels!

Julie said...

OMG those pups are so cute. Gracie and I have become really "tight" since Penny died. She rarely leaves my side now.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...