Monday, April 26, 2010

OK, so when did our faces become...

....construction sites???

I know, I know.."what is she talking about now?"

Well. ..at work we girls talk make-up.. and boys.. and make-up..and clothes ...and make-up ...and shoes..

No wait, that was like.. 10th grade... ...................or last Friday..

Anyway, we all have used or use Bare Minerals...but I stopped because it didn't cover my ruddy-Irish complexion..

Well, Miss Lindsay (we call her Miss Lindsay..or Linds..actually, we call her whatever and she politely answers..) was telling us about this new pre-make-up thingy that would help the Bare Minerals cover better if I used it first...

called.....

SPACKLE - Primer..



Yeah..like in what you put on your walls to hold the paint?

Speaking of which...have you seen the new make-up with the paint roller-thingy?? Yeah..who names this stuff anyway..



What's next? Caulk for your wrinkles?? Do I need to get an estimate from a contractor for my make-up purchases ??

And do I need permits? I am, after all, a historical district all my own..

I can see it now...a new magazine...."This Old Lady"....or....

"Extreme Colleen MakeOver"

Oh,oh,  and let's take a bunch of 4 inch screws and put them in a handle and call it a Hair Styling Tool!!??



Just get my cover-alls and let me get to work...anybody got a drill press? I think I need my ears pierced....



-me

18 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I cannot stand the feel of make-up on my face. I took me forever to find another when the one I used was discontinued. Bobbie Brown finally fit the bill. I don't even realize it's there!

Karen said...

I love to talk makeup! I use Laura Mercier. It has a primer too. Makes the makeup glide on and stay. It's great!
Love your post!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Pearl said...

Spackle! Oh my gosh a man must have thought of that one. Loved this post very funny. Just stopped by to get my giggle and to let you know your package was mailed out today by U.P.S. and it should be there in 4 to 5 days. Which translates to 10 or 14 so we'll see. Hope you like duct tape cause that's all I had left after my tape ran out :)

RoeH said...

I have wanted to try Bare Minerals for the longest time. I wish they'd just sell it in stores. I hate all this ordering stuff.

Mellodee said...

And then there are some days when not even a layer of plaster of paris would help!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh that is just too funny. I don't know what to use anymore. I can't find anything that I like!

Vicki/Jake said...

I stopped using the makeup years ago..cakes in the wrinkles (o:

Hope this works for you but I'd wonder about the spackle part..

Love the one minute makeover too.

The hair thingy? Not for me!

Fun post as always Colleen

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

...I give up...it is exhausting just reading the directions to these products let alone actually using them!

diane b said...

My face looks more like a bomb site rather than a construction site. I can't stand the feel of make up on my skin so I go a la natural bomb site.

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hello Colleen,
Thank you so much for your visit. Yes I'm in love with the blogging thing. It's so nice to meet so many lovely people. And to share the same interests is wonderful.
Have a nice week,
Greetings Ester

Art by Darla Kay said...

Too funny! It IS seriously crazy though isn't it? Face spackle?

It's as funny as those body shapers that are supposed to take 3-4 inches off your waist! Where does it go? Will I end up with a huge goiter under my chin or knees the size of basketballs??????

LOVE you and your blog Colleen! Thanks for making me smile~always!

Vee said...

I don't even bother anymore. And I can't believe it's come to this. Nothing and I mean nothing helps. The caulk drips off, the spackle cracks. Oh it's not pretty. My old face looks much better washed and Oil of Olayed. Amen.

Sue said...

LOL, this post is so funny and made even funnier (and a little sad too) because it is so true.

Hugs,

Sue

Laurie said...

would ya just hurry and write a book!? You crack me up (wait a minute, maybe you better not since I don't want MY makeup to crack)

Lindsay said...

Hahahaha Colleen!!!! I LOVE my Primer but what I LOVE even more is that you did a post on it! I need to bring mine in and give you some! you will LOVE it too! And the kind I use is NOT called spackle. I dont think I could use something on my delicate skin called spackle! Well, maybe if I was going to paint my face with the new roller foundation I would! LOVE YOU!

Journal Swag said...

Well, let me know if you try any of these things, because I have a ruddy Irish complexion too. I never thought I'd have to worry, but then I turned 50 and each year it has gotten a little harder to find something that covers! The worst thing is when you have used something you love for -years- and then they quit making it. Yeah... the roller stuff doesn't work just fyi! :) I'm on the hunt for a new foundation!

Hugs,
Sheila

Unknown said...

but if it works, we would use it wouldnt we?

A Wild Thing said...

Gave up on make-up quite awhile ago, I think when I was getting glasses... it became clear that I would need a Garmin(TURN LEFT) to find my lashes and dog hair sticks to everything...sooooo...what you see is what you get...be afraid!!!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...