Sunday, April 25, 2010

It was a "frame-up" for sure...

The party..Jeff's birthday party...which, he reminded me in front of everyone, was his 36th..not his 35th..

OK, OK..so I am a year older too, I guess. I've told you guys 8 times out of 6 I'll get math questions wrong...

Braxton & Lulu waited patiently (and quietly (!)..thanks to watching some good "no barking" advice from the TV program "It's Me or the Dog".. on A&E...


Good Girl, Lulu!

Are they here yet, Braxton??

Yes, everything was ready...well. as ready as it was going to be. Mr. B seems to have it all taken care of in the food department..

..which left me to decorate..um..that's not quite the right term..it was left to me to use what we had in the "birthday bag"..which is the leftovers from previous parties..with compliments from the Dollar Store..

{and, yes, I have seen some really great decorations from the Dollar Store..these were NOT them..}

The guest were beginning to arrive..we had Jeff's in-laws and several neighbors and their children..
Then it was time for the big "frame-up".. I took out the trusty frame we've used in other photos..this simple prop usually brings out the smiles and the personalities...


So yes, a wonderful time was had by all..even my Grand-Jeep..

..and, I still say I musta had him at recess in the 5th grade..he cannot possibly be that close in age to moi, right??

Moi..uh..me..

12 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is soooo funny that he is 36 and not 35 like you said. Love the pups waiting in the window ~ priceless! Looks like it was fun.
I just love that frame idea. The next time I see frames on sale I am getting me one:)

Unknown said...

i don't know. recess is a bit short on time to birth a baby. maybe at lunchtime, i think we got a good 30 minutes for that. i too gave birth to my children at a very very young age and it's getting younger all the time! looks like a grand ole time was had. love the frame idea. fun!

Laurie said...

I love your frame idea! Yeah I really have to do that one at the next major family gathering! You throw a mean party Colleen!

RoeH said...

Hey.. it's not our job anymore to remember how old they are. It's like there's a point they go over at which ...at least I couldn't anymore ... remember their age. I thought my son was 40 this year and was reminded he was .... 39. At least you went the right direction. More than once I've grabbed the little thing that does the math for me to subtract their birth date from the exact time I'm breathing in. :((

Vee said...

He's 36? Okay, that messed up my calculations, too. What fun! Looks like a great party, the decorations look fantastic...what's wrong with'em? Thanks for signing up for the giveaway...hope that a few of your blogging buds will find it before seven tonight, too!

Anonymous said...

The math just gets harder as we get older. :)
Looks like you all had a wonderful time. LOVE the frame pic!!! :)

Jillian said...

Looks like fun--especially people taking pictures with the empty frames. Love it!

Sue said...

I forget my own age all the time - how can we be expected to remember our kids'!

Love the idea of the frame-up! Looks like you had a great time.

Hugs,

Sue

Heather said...

you're too funny- recess, LOL. looks like a fun party! love the birthday cupcakes!

Vicki/Jake said...

And a good time was had by all....
no matter the math (o:

diane b said...

Isn't it funny how we forget their age. I always keep thinking they are younger than they are. I have a son who is not Bill's son and I have not mentioned before on blogland, that's a whole new story, but he's 50 this year. I cannot believe that.....The party looked great fun. I love the picture frame idea. You used to have that on your profile and I loved it then. We,ve been without Internet and cable TV for 2 days due to a problem with the cable...blah. Now it is serious catch up time.

Unknown said...

what a fun party...I love the frame ups!!!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...