Tuesday, April 27, 2010

NCIS tonight...and NGS tomorrow..

If it's Tuesday, it must be NCIS night...yeppers.

Mr. B and me loves NCIS..not so much the stories..they can get a little gross and graphic at times (like tonight)..

It's more about the ensemble of players..they work well together. Quirky, weird, funny and quite individual.

Abby is soo odd and smart..she saves the day on many occasions..I like that. It shows all our young women that they can be cool, individual, dress uh...funnily (my word) and still be smart...very smart. I really like that.

OK, so that's tonight...tomorrow it's NGS..National Genealogical Society here in Utah. Lots of genealogists..lots of history..lots of ...work.

Yep, I'm there for work. Not a bad way to spend a few days though..maybe I'll even learn a little about how to find out about my ancestors...2 sets of Sullivan surnames, all from Ireland, several Patricks, Michaels, Margarets...on both sides..

My Daddy's family - the Sullivans (Daddy is the youngest looking down far left- first row)

And all immigrated to America in the late 1800's..yeeeeah......

My Aunt Alice and a buddy..
circa 1914

I'm leaving you tonight with this wonderful photo I discovered on the web...just says it all, huh?

photo credit: William Vanderson, 1935


“Dogs love company. They place it first in their short list of needs.”
- J. R. Ackerley

11 comments:

Sue said...

Loved seeing the old photos of your family and agree that the last photo that you found from 1935 is beyond adorable. Also love the quote by
J.R. Ackerley!

Hugs,

Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I just had to laugh at Aunt Alice holding that dog. Too cute! I have never watch NCIS. I hear nothing but great things about it. Have a good time at the NGS.

Mandy said...

these are just awesome...love the one of your aunty and friend...too sweet!!!xxx

diane b said...

I just love old photos of families. Yours is good except dad is looking down. Don't kids always do that? It is fun learning the history of our families and I bet your's is fascinating. Its true the quote about dogs.

Laurie said...

This post makes me want to get out the old photos from Mom and start on her scrapbook. Also would love to do a DNA someday!
As an owner of 4 dogs, I totally agree with the quote. Mine live by that, I can't even go to the bathroom without an entourage!

Jules said...

I love NCIS too! They are a great ensemble. Did you know that Pauley Perette really studied forensics in college?! I thought that was a neat bit of trivia about the show.

I also like NCIS LA and loved JAG when it was on (still catch reruns).

Have fun at NGS! I only wished I lived closer so that I could visit their vast libraries.

Vicki/Jake said...

Families are just so cool! Kinda like Abby...

Fun pics Colleen. enjoy the shows..

Unknown said...

Hi Colleen - You must come over as I have an Irish post I got from the past weekend. I think you will be interested in it as I'm not sure you live near upper Y State.

Hope all is going well with your tummy bug. It's been here, too.
Oh, I also lost you picture under Following........ How do I do these things ?? Oh well, it could be worse, but I would love you to come, visit and read about my weekend. You could also leave your picture again. I would be very honored and happy.
Con

Anonymous said...

HI Colleen. Pam here. I just found records of my grandmother in the 1911 census which was recently put online,
You should be able to find your family's handwritten census form on the site too. It is www.1911census.ie
Good luck!
PS Paul Finally finished his treatment today...wheee!

Unknown said...

OK --bring your mug !
My typing is horrendous. I do check it, but the print is sooooo small for those of us who are needing the glasses. I can't leave well enough alone and have to press a button to see what it does, and I think that's how I lost you. Thanks for coming back.
Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

OK --bring your mug !
My typing is horrendous. I do check it, but the print is sooooo small for those of us who are needing the glasses. I can't leave well enough alone and have to press a button to see what it does, and I think that's how I lost you. Thanks for coming back.
Have a great weekend.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...