Thursday, April 22, 2010

Seems I've caught a little bit of a "bug'..



{image from Whipper Snapper Designs}

I have a sore throat and chest and decided not to expose my co-workers until I see the Doc today to see if whatever it is is contagious....

So, home-sick am I..

Found something for all my Better-Body-Buds..from HungryGirl.com:

HG's Gooey-Good Queso Dip 'n Chips





Beso Mi Queso!

That means, "Kiss my cheese!" And while we don't really recommend getting all smoochy with a bowl of steaming cheese dip, don't be surprised if someone lays one on YOU after you serve our Gooey-Good Queso Dip. Get your dunk on!

Ingredients:

1 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the kind by Boca or Morningstar Farms)

3/4 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix, divided

3/4 tsp. ground cumin, divided

1/3 cup light plain soymilk

2/3 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese

2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese

1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature

1/8 tsp. chili powder, or more to taste

30 (about 1 2/3 oz.) Guiltless Gourmet All Natural Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips (or another brand of low-fat baked tortilla chips)

Directions:

Bring a small pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add frozen crumbles and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning and 1/4 tsp. cumin. Cook for about 4 minutes, mixing occasionally, until thawed and hot. Remove seasoned crumbles and set aside. Remove pot from heat and let cool slightly.

To the pot, add soymilk, all three cheeses, chili powder, remaining 1/4 tsp. taco seasoning, and remaining 1/2 tsp. cumin. Add 1/4 cup water and bring to medium-low heat. Stirring frequently, heat until cheeses have melted and mixture has a smooth, sauce-like consistency.

Add seasoned crumbles to the pot, and continue to cook and stir until hot. If you like, warm chips in the microwave. Place dip in a fun bowl, and serve with chips!

MAKES 3 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 1/3rd of recipe (about 1/3 cup dip and 10 chips)

Calories: 186

Fat: 4g

Sodium: 821mg

Carbs: 17g

Fiber: 3g

Sugars: 1.5g

Protein: 19g

POINTS® value 3*

Yum-OH!

-me

13 comments:

Vee said...

Hope that your doc scares that bug off. In the meantime, enjoy your home-sick time. That recipe sounds pretty darned good for 186 calories.

Jillian said...

Miss you! Hope you feel better soon!

RoeH said...

Anything with Laughing Cow cheese in it is asking for it. And I want some right now. Hope you're not coming down with something badbadbad. Make yourself a hot toddy. Complete with the 'real' stuff. As my mother used to say, you'll feel better either way.

Laurie said...

I'll be definetly trying this one Colleen! And get better quick!

Breezy said...

That sounds YUM! Hope you are feeling better soon.

~gail

Karen said...

I bet that cheese dip made you feel better.

Vicki/Jake said...

Good excuse to cook~

Just get better..it's spring and that means there's tonsastuff to do..
Like blog :P

Really Colleen, you're not allowed to be sick...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Feel better soon. Thank you for the recipe, it sounds really good.

diane b said...

Sorry to hear you feel "crook" as they say in Oz. You made my mouth water, It looks and sounds delicious. Its going in my recipe file.Get well soon.

Heather said...

that sounds yummy! hope you feel better soon!

Ruth P. said...

Feel better soon, and thank you for your help with the comments! I'm a 'show-me' girl rather than a 'read the manual', so this helps a bunch. I changed my settings.
And what a great place your daughter, hubby and daughter picked to live in! ;-)

Martha Lever said...

I hope you feel better soon! We have no plans on taking down the workshops so don't worry. If we ever do I am sure that we will offer DVD's. Take your time and don't worry!!!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Colleen, I hope you feel better soon sweetie...please take good care of you!!!!
hugs and love, Dawn

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...