Sunday, February 1, 2009

What to do..what to do..

So, OK, tonight while passing the kitchen, I hear this little "beep..twiweedateasda" sound from my cell phone while it's resting and recharging in it's little cradle.

It's not terribly unusual for me to get text messages from the grandkiddos at times. And even the occasional text-with-photo from one of the grown kiddos, but on a Sunday evening, it was unexpected.


I go to my cute little metallic orange phone (!) and checked - it said I had " one new message"...

Clicking to see who had written me, I see "baby houston is here! 7 lbs. 12 oz - 19 inches! He's so beautiful"

Oh, yay! Who??

Hmmm..I don't know anyone who's pregnant, or who's last name is Houston, or living in Houston or who would be naming their baby boy Houston...

Which brings me to my dilemma. After asking Mr. B if he knew anyone having a baby, living in Houston, or last name of Houston, or naming a baby Houston, and he said ...

..."what are you talking about??" ...that I wonder what to do...

Do I text the person back, saying, "uh, I think you texted (that looks as weird as it sounds saying it..) the wrong number..." and wait to see if I have, in my advancing years, actually forgotten about someone I know who's pregnant, who's last name is Houston, who's living in Houston, or who's having a baby boy named Houston?

Or do I call the number and be totally embarrassed if I actually recognize the voice on the other end??

Or....do I just blow it off and go to bed...and if it turns out that I do know someone who's had a baby on Super Bowl Sunday named Houston, or surname is Houston, or is living in Houston...

..and just tell them, "Gee, I didn't get that text....are you sure you sent it to my number???"


Ah, the dilemmas of the modern age...what to do..what to do..

-me
PS- my beautiful Sister-in-Law has joined us in "blogger-land"! Please, if you have a moment, stop by and say "hello" to Mr. B 2.0's lovely wife, Colette!
(Mom-in-law has it easy , Robert & Colette and Randy & Colleen - monogrammed towels for one can be used by both!)

http://coletteandrobertsplace.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Neabear said...

I have gotten wrong number text message before and texted back letting them know I was a lady over 50. Message was obviously for a lady much younger. I think the person was embarrassed. Good thing we could not see each other face to face. Now news about a baby would be quite something else. So what are you going to do?

Charmingdesigns said...

I've gotten messages in the middle of the night...usually some young guy looking for me at a party.lol. I call back the next day...and say "I'm think'n you got the wrong party girl" they are embarrassed. lol. Laurie

Nan said...

I'd definitely call the number back and say congratulations! Then you are covered both ways, whether you know them or not. I expect they would want to know if they didn't get to the right person! It is so easy to hit the wrong number.

Thanks so much for coming by my blog. I'm happy to meet you!!

Betty said...

I think calling them would be a good thing; I think they'll appreciate it.

We get calls for a local restaurant, leaving messages that say things like, "We'll be there Friday evening at 6:00, request reservations for a party of 8." I call them back and let them know I don't cook, haha. I don't want them to get to the restaurant, only to find they have nowhere to sit...might spoil their party.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...