Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday...



..ah..yes. Today is Weight Watchers. Again.

Seems like only a week ago I was there. OK, so it was only a week ago.

I have this "strategy" ...if I loose, I'll stop at Del Taco and get a bean burrito with onion and cheese (extra cheese) and a large Diet Coke to celebrate.

And, if I don't loose, I'll just get the Diet Coke..

So then I go in and loose like 1 pound and think, "I can't cheat now! Look what I've done! Oh joy!!"

And if I didn't loose. I think," Well, I'd better not have anything NOW and be better next week..bummer..."

So as you can see, Weight Watchers is a win-win for me.



But only because I have to be ...oh what's the word...accountable..

Yeah..it's hard to convince the weigher-iner-person that there really is another person standing behind you on the scale...

Or that you're retaining water (Lake Michigan??)

Or that it's because you haven't shaved your legs this week...

....bet they've heard it all.



Today the company had a "Farewell" party for one of the executives...with lunch at Bucca de Bepo..don't know if you have them near you, but they serve Italian family style. Big family style. Tonzzz of food - all cheesy and garlicly and buttery. Meatballs the size of your head..

I had 2 plates of...............salad. And a side order of steamed broccoli ...with basalmic vinegar. And ..water...

.... shoot me now.

Chocolate, pistachio and vanilla gellato for dessert. I had grapes.

Pluh-leeze...put me out of my misery.

Now, I'm no saint. Not even close. But, my weigh-ins are on...FAT TUESDAY people...After dinner..

Why, oh why, couldn't he leave on...Wednesday?? Would that be too much to ask, mister???

I would have had the whole week to get rid of the incredible Pasta with Italian sausage. the Supremo Alfredo, the Caesar salad, the garlic mozzarella bread....and the gelatto...

No. Had to be on Fat Tuesday. My Fat Tuesday.

Oh well. Maybe by summer the kids won't be running after me for shade. I'll be able to cross my legs...won't need my own zip code..or start singing as a group...

Yeah, right. I won't even remember the cheese, the garlic, the pasta or the gelatto...

Just shoot me now....


-me

8 comments:

diane b said...

Well done, I'm proud of you. I keep saying I must go back to the gym but my car refuses to go there and heads for the nearest coffee shop instead.So the love handles are growing.

JapaneseKeane said...

I care about not to gain weight now!
But, I can`t give up to eat what I like !!

The Feathered Nest said...

I just love you Colleen...you're the best!!! Have a wonderful day sweetie, xxoo, Dawn

Betty said...

I want to know if the other folks felt the least bit guilty eating all those calories in front of you? They didn't? Well, you did good, anyhow! Proud of you!

Carol-Ann said...

Hi Utah Grammie,
Magnificent willpower! at this rate you'll be so thin you'll have to keep moving in the shower to get wet!

(I'm Diane's daughter) I often see your comments on Mum's blog and thought I visit your blog. You've got a great sense of humor! and I LOVE your cute poochies!
Carol

Sherry said...

GOOD JOB! Wish I had your willpower....I will start tomorrow...right! LOL

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Sherry! I can't get into your blog! I miss reading you- can you email me with instructions (or tell me you want to keep it "private"? )
Colleen

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Never mind - it's OK now- for the last few weeks it has denied and said it was by invitation only - I'm glad to see it up again :-)

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...