Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lookie me....

...all kinds of "white space" ....on the blog (and yes, on my head -...I know you were totally thinking that..)

I think I got too fliffy (made up word) Cross between fluffy, flity, meaning too busy, too much, mucho-too-mucho ...(that's Spanglish. Betcha didn't know I was fluent in soo many languages, huh?)

Well, the puppy (both old and young) trend is taking over - my sister Gerri got Molly...


My sister Kathy just called to tell me she got Owen J....


My good friend Betty got Tommy...


..and Jeff & Rachael got Smudge...



I think, in my philosophical thinking, which doesn't happen on a regular basis, so I really can't verify or deny the accuracy of this...

..that in our trying times with stress, war, inflation, recession, foreclosures, job losses, company and store closures, shutting down of my 2 favorite magazines (good bye Home Companion and Country Home)..what we need here is a Puppy Stimulus package.

And I think dogs (pets in general, dogs in particular) fill this position very well.

No job interviews needed. No cut-backs, lay-offs, hiring freezes, or corporate corporate-ness to deal with.

Just animals. Just cuddly. Just there for YOU.

If you can't have a pet, please get a teddy bear..or a monkey... stuffed ( as in fiber-filled...not taxidermy-stuffed ..just to be clear.) - if you can't have a real dog or a cat, betcha can't have a real monkey..I'm just sayin'..)

Hug freely. Fell better.

-me

5 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Or a baby lamb??? (check my blog.lol) Laurie

diane said...

I love dogs too but never renewed the last one because we don't have a fence or anyone to look after it when we are away. But we do have a toy one on our bed called poochie from Maroochy.

Betty said...

Ooh...great minds think alike. I planned to do a blog today about all the folks getting new pets..haha. I'll just direct folks over here, eh? Isn't Owen Jay just the cutest? I think Smudge is adorable, too. And Molly...and, of course, Tommy! You are so right...nothing makes you feel better than hugging a puppy, dog, kitten, cat, even a monkey!

Mary said...

Happy puppies to happy owners. What more could you ask for?

Sweet Repose said...

We are suckers for these wee furballs aye...I can't walk by Scratchy without giving her a smooch or a pat...she has stolen my heart as Lulu and Braxton have stolen yours...it's good to be us!

Happy puppies!

s