Friday, December 4, 2009

Well, this can't be good....

Wait..no I mean weight....

Christmas time is usually such a great time for all the ...stuff.


You know, the home made candies, the cookies at work..

Yeah..the good stuff.

So now it's a really hard time for me. I want some..


And yes, I can have some............as long as I have some in mo..der.a.tion..

"make smart choices"...

"keep your eye on the prize'..


Yeeeaaah..about that..

OK, yes, I can have just one measly-lonely-sad-forlorn cookie..

But I want more..maybe 2..uh oh..

Smart choices? Riiiight..so I can have one cookie...then eat my weight in veggies for the next 3 days...somehow that doesn't really seem fair..

You can be sure I'm keeping my eye on the prize alright. It;s just that right-now, the 'prize' is a piece of pecan pie, eaten from the pie tin, standing up in front of the sink and slowly rocking back & forth..

Did I mention bliss? Youbetcha..

Hmmm...while in Arizona with the Sisters of the West...Arizona order..(which is not cloistered..yes, I had to look it up too..) I was told by Sister Kathleen to try eating with a baby spoon..

{and what, the teaspoon is the Mama and the table spoon is the Daddy??} so my food, such as ice cream and anything remotely good, would last longer and seem...bigger.

And buy little bowls and plated so it appears to be FILLED (!) with copious amounts of food...


..thereby tricking the eye and the mind into thinking you were actually eating a lot..

Seems they forgot about my not-so-tiny tummy..it knows. It's not fooled.

So, this holiday season, I'll pretend as I use my tiny utensils, and eat from my tiny plate, and enjoy a tiny amount of candy, cookies and pie from my tiny bows, that I really am a little tiny kid...and just to be clear, Mr. Santa, I am expecting a lot of not so tiny toys..after all..

...I have been very nice... {and just a tiny bit naughty}

So, how do you see yourself....

Yeah, that'd be....

-me

11 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

oh yes, our eyes can play tricks on us. I LOVE the previous post, I'm glad you gave us a rerun.

Anonymous said...

According to the records, I'm 57. But I think of myself as about 26, which works out perfectly because I have a twin brother and we do twin-math on birthdays. Divide the # of years by 2, so this year we're each 26 1/2.

I'm not giving up fudge or cookies or pie. But then, at 26 1/2, I don't need to, wink-wink.

Have a sweet weekend!
Zuzu

Anonymous said...

Or is it 28 1/2? Dang math.
:)
Zuzu

Little Penpen said...

so true, so true... but you must "reward" yourself a little this holiday season.. you have done so well and you WILL get back on track... right after Christmas. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dog cartoon!

Karen said...

It's so hard at work where everyone brings in their specialties and you have to "taste" just a bit of each one.

Heather said...

lol! so true!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-chuckle- Yup, 'tis the "Season of Deliciousness," at every turn.

And not the Season of losing or maintaining weight.

But..... Since on Mar. 10th of this year, I had 3 stents put in my 3 nearly fully clogged coronary artries, I simply won't have that struggle this "Season of Deliciousness." Just missing a major heart attack has had that effect on me. I CAN'T eat saturated fats.

Sure the heart will get me in the end. But I just CAN'T help it along...

That's my only goal. Weight is way down on my scale of worries. ,-)

Aunt Amelia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love that picture at the end.
Sweet post, eat tiny amounts in tiny containers with tiny spoons.
I will try that! Sometimes I see my old self in the mirrow but most of the time I don't know the lady I'm looking at!!!!

Lori R. said...

Now I never thought of that idea and may be willing to give that a try. I just have to not fill the plate up 10 times in the course of a meal right?????

Julie said...

Good for you for sticking to your - uh, let's not call it diet - lifestyle choice!

I love the picture at the end of the post.Yesterday I told Dan that while I usually think Gracie regards herself as a human, sometimes I think she regards me as a dog!

June said...

We do this! I got started doing it years ago...because it makes any piece of goodie last longer. My girls do it too. It's just a thing we do. Daddy gets a regular fork or spoon, and we get the tiny ones.

Enjoy life, one little nibble at a time!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...