Monday, December 21, 2009

An icy-blast from the past..

{Originally written Dec. 5th, 2007}
 
 
Some things I’ve been thinking about…..

So, who guided Santa’s’ sleigh before Rudolph?? 
 
I mean, he says “Rudolph, with your nose so bright…yadda, yadda. yadda.....” and Rudolph was so young…..who did it before??



What do you say to someone who asks “What day is Christmas this year?!” and not sound like Miss-smarty-pants? (uh…..December 25th??)

Oh, and I’ve updated my dictionary:

Bumplies – anything with bumps and ridges

Rememberies – good memories – at least the one’s I do remember….

Chilly-wompers – Very, very cold

Way-sale – a bargain too good to pass up as in “Honey, I bought it because it was on WAY-SALE!!

Umba-rella – a tiny garden fairy {v/s umbrella..the thing that hold the rain off of you.until you try to get back in yiour car then all that "saved" rain is on the front seat..).
 
And of course Thanks-mas – that holiday we celebrate between Thanksgiving and Christmas…
 
So, have a good day and ponder those 'keeps-me-awake-nights' questions of your own.........inquiring minds want to know Hmmm...just maybe we should keep this kid of stuff to ourselves...huh?....
-me

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly grin on my face here. :)
I guess you play with words while pondering, and I play with images.

But now you have me going. I wonder if Umba-rella rumbas?

Zuzu

Art by Darla Kay said...

So cute!!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

No, keep them not to ourselves! Things like this, give us perspective. Especially since they help us to laugh!

Happy Christmas to you and to yours!

Aunt Amelia

Heather said...

you're too funny!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I'm thinking you keep me awake thoughts are much more fun than mine.

Love your picture. I have that print hanging in my bedroom.

Merry Christmas to you.

diane b said...

What about the elves? What happens when they get too old to make toys? What about Santa, was he ever young? Does he stay ageless now?? What's his secret??
Have a Happy Christmas.

Vicki/Jake said...

Wanna hear my lifelong question... ummm..maybe you don't....
awww, why not...
Did Adam and Eve have a belly button?
I stopped losing sleep over that one years ago....
Have a fun rest of the days before Christmas (o:

Pearl said...

Too funny honey! Hope your relaxing too.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...