Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's kinda funny...

..no, not like all "hahaha" funny..but touch-my-heart-sweet funny..

I thought it was time to change the photo on my blog-title-thingy..

So, while looking at my photo folder (fotofolder?? or photopholder?) I found some cute snow dogs...

..or a great quote...with snow dogs..



...or those darling snow mice from Russia...with snow..

..but I ran into this one from my kitchen buffet last year and thought it was...well..perfect.


..I tried to make it "perfect-er"...

..but realized it was perfect just like it is..


So, here's Mother and Daddy, a darling snowman, Mother and our Aunt Alice when they were little girls, a small photo of Mr. B and me on our wedding day, and finally my brother and sisters and me ..(Sister Kathy was sort of pushed out on the right, but I know she's there..) and angel and a part of a doggie ornament and one old tin..

This just kinda sums up what makes me smile...

Throw in a piece of Mr. B's homemade fudge and a cuppa pumpkin latte and it would be nirvana..

What would sum up your "Happiness Package" ??

Have a fun Thursday and stay warm..

-me

13 comments:

Heather at Dusty Bay said...

Love that first pic! The mice is cute too. My "happiness package" is 4 years old.

Unknown said...

Love your new header and that first photo? Priceless!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Love your header pic!!!

And love that first little dog in snow pic. >,-)))))))))

RoeH said...

Sometime I think I was born too late. The old pictures make me yearn for that time. Until I have a toothache that is. Yeah. I'll take denistry of today!

Laurie said...

You know I'm gonna love that little dog! But your header picture is perfect Colleen! I wouldn't change a thing! I have the picture for mine, I just got to get it on my blog. Thanks for the reminder!

Julie said...

Your post made me a little bit sad. That golden retriever could have been Penny, it looks so much like her.

Your new header is PERFECT just the way it is!

Janet said...

I stumbled on to your blog. I love it. I will be visiting often. Isn't it wonderful being a Gram! Thanks for great pictures.

kimberly applegate said...

Hi Grammie!

thanks for entering the contest! I need you to copy and paste what you wrote in facebook to the post that officially announces the contest, rather than the reminder post! I need all the entries to be numbered together so I can draw a winner.
Thanks!
Kimberly
(great blog, by the way!)

Vicki/Jake said...

My happiness right now would to be breathing through my nose! Head colds suck! But for real??? My happiness is reading all the awesome blogs! My second happiness would be the time to do it...
Great post as usual (o:
Stay warm...(((BURR)))

Vicki/Jake said...

OOPS, head colds fuzzy up the mind too...That first sentence didn't make sense, but you get it....

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Brrr! It is ccccoooldd here! I could sure
use a pumpkin Latte! :)

Love the photos! I hope you have a
very Merry Christmas!!

hugs~kimme

Lori R. said...

I have also been looking at old photos lately and know how hard it is when we get to thinking too much about the past. (I also called my dad "daddy". He liked it and he was always my daddy.On the other hand, my f-i-l was "dad"). Love your little niche and please send some of Mr. B's fudge my way!!! I won't mind!!

diane b said...

I love the snow dogs and your new header...its you. I smile every time I look at the photos of my daughters, which I have in their old bedrooms.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...