Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Images..wonder if that's from the word "imagine"??

.... I asked Google, but it didn't know either.


I think it is. Image ....imagination..

Because some of the images I find I could only imagine the stories behind..or how they got that particular shot...

Or it gets my imagination running..

Take this one..

This make me imagine all that sweet puppy breath...and soft, velvety fur..

..and proof that wrinkles can be cute..


This one makes me imagine a time long ago when all my son wanted for Christmas was Optimus Prime.. I can't imagine any of you remembering that toy - it was the 'must-have' for boys in the 80's...

He didn't get it..all the stores (I think it was 1) in our area of remote Colorado were sold out..and this was long before Internet shopping..

Ah yes, just imagine the smell of those flowers...or the sun on your face...peaceful, yes?

Although the photo doesn't say...I imagine these people in line for a job..and I imagine the irony of the sign board behind them..

What I can't imagine is all the suffering people have done in recessions, long past or recently re-visited..{we are blessed in so many ways}

Imagine my delight when I found this while clicking around various sites?! Made me smile out loud, right there at my desk...

http://www.fadeeva.com/

...made by a woman named Natasha Fadeeva in Russia...imagine..and you can 'click' on the word Russian on the left-hand side of her site and have it in Russian. Russian.. huh..

When someone says "I can just imagine how your feel/felt.." I think they cannot..

..when this is spoken, it's usually in a situation that the person can really not imagine..

So, what images have you been imagining lately??

-me

11 comments:

diane b said...

You got me interested in the words so I looked them up in my big fat dictionary. They do come from the same origin (Fr imager)to form a mental picture of but the meaning of image has changed to mean a representation of an external form.
We have a saying to try to help kids to want to read..."Reading turns on pictures in your head" I guess that means imagine. When I read blogs from the cold parts of the northern hemisphere I imagine people rugged up trying to keep warm with roaring fires and snow, while I sit here in shorts and T-shirt without shoes and the aircon on full last. I sometimes imagine what it would be like to be rich.

Unknown said...

So many of those little trucks went clanking through the walls as my 2 year old would put them in the wholehouse vacuum... just to hear them clatter their way to the container in the basement. LOL!

Lori R. said...

Imagine... brings to mind my most favorite song ever..

"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!! Only imagine!!!
I can only imagine.

I can only imagine, when all I do is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine."





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright: ©1999 MercyMe
For more information about this song and the group, you can visit their WEBsite: MercyMe (MercyMe

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, those wrinkle-y puppies! Love them!!!!!!!!

Had to call my husband in, to see them.

^_^

Little Penpen said...

Love the puppy smelling the flowers... I can "just imagine" how refreshing that it to him. LOL

Vicki/Jake said...

My *imagined* image is me feeling normal! er...whatever normal is....without the blahs and sore throat.
Love the little mousies, what talent! And the wrinkled pups and oh just everything on here...
Stay warm Grammie, we're in the *Klondike* mode here for awhile.

Charmingdesigns said...

Have you ever held one of those puppies? They are so soft and squishy...I wanted one soooo bad.

diane b said...

Just in case you don't return to my comments here is the answer to question about cockatoos flying free.

Yes the cockatoos are one of our native birds and they fly freely, very noisily.I often see flocks of them flying overhead and there is always a lot in the forest sometimes they visit the tall trees in our street but I've never had one come down in the garden not like at Sandy's house. Some people feed them but they can become a nuisance. They are known to eat the rubber surrounding windows until your window nearly falls out and they eat the timber of your house too.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I want to own those cute little critters!

Unknown said...

why oh why can't my wrinkles look that cute? the legos remind me of the toilets we replaced because they got really plugged. the culprit was legos. well my boys putting their legos down the pot! christmas makes me imagine my childhood, it was lovely! thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling here. See? :)

Love the Natasha Fadeeva site - thanks for sharing it! If you don't mind, I may blog it one of these days since I'm such a HUGE fan of cottage industries/handmade goodness.

Thanks for the smiles, and I hope you have a beautiful day!
Zuzu

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...