Monday, December 14, 2009

I wonder...

..a lot.  A whole lot.  Wonder, wonder, wonder.

Mostly about things I really don't want to know...how phones work....why we can't breathe underwater {when I was a kid, I thought it was because you didn't try hard enough..} which makes me wonder how I survived summers..


I wonder how the birds know which direction they should all turn at the same time..and why we have so many of the same words in the English language that mean so many different things...

So this morning when I was taking my shower, and daydreaming contemplating the meaning of life..I wasn't surprised that I was wondering why I had only one eye open.



In the shower.  One eye.  Just one.

So I tried to open the other eye..and I found myself squinting until I just  had to close them both. Then I opened the other previously closed eye .  The weird thing was, it didn't matter which eye I opened..just as long as it was only one at a time.

Guess I'm just discovering my inner-Popeye.


Wow.  But I certainly don't want the arms...

-me
PS - found this on Cute Overload {www.cuteoverload.com} ...it's sooo-funny...

Ugh. The dreaded Holiday Pop-in

"Yoohoo, anyone home? I brought you a fruitcake I made last year!"




"Hellooooo…? It’s Carl and Agnes! We have non-alcoholic eggnog, Brussels sprouts, and a hankering to sing carols! "

I just love cows...and ribbons.

-me again

9 comments:

Art by Darla Kay said...

I wonder a lot too! I wander the earth wondering :)
Great post Colleen, love the cow too!

Lori R. said...

Love your post, and I am a wonderer especially in the shower too. I think it is my favorite place to daydream. and the one eye thing, hmmmmm.... I do that staring at a bright light... SO I don't stare at bright lights!

Unknown said...

i daydream, i mean contemplate alot also in the shower, or driving or baking or anytime!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhhhhhh I too want to know all sorts of *unusual* things. And it's so wonderful to come here and read your posts. Makes me feel less of an "odd ball."<--Now of course, that's meant in the sweetest possible way!

And I use one eye at times too! Why is that?

And I totally love the pic of the swimming elephant!

You are the coooooooolest!!!!

^_^

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

As to why a bunch of birds/fish/etc. know how to all turn at the same time... I saw a tv show which answered that question. But of course, I forgot the reason. lol

^_^

June said...

I'm just impressed that you can close both your left and right eye...one at a time, I mean. I can only close my left by itself. My right only closes if my right does too.

Makes me wonder...xoxo

diane b said...

I need drops in my eyes to get them open in the mornings.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's funny, just when I was reading your YooHoo they were singing it in Sleigh Ride! I love the way your mind thinks, keep up the excellent posts. Blessing to you and yours.

Vicki/Jake said...

HA, I can sooo relate to the *pop ins* But mine was cookies...you'll just have to go read it on CHANGE IN A BOTTLE..
Love the cow, Popeye and Sheep. As for the KIDS on steroids...let em be. You just do your thing like you know to.... they'll burn out sooner than you (O:
Keep us smiling..

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...