Monday, December 28, 2009

Hey...I think I figured it out..


I really should have known...all my life my moods are controlled by the tides ..my hair.. and when it looks crappy  bad I feel really bad crappy...
Thing is, as you may remember..I hated my last haircut and vowed to never get another single hair on my hear cut ever again...ever...ev-ER.

But that was then..and this is now. And it's looking very crappy-bad.  Very.  Crappy.  Bad.. verycrapppybad...

So I think, "maybe I should find some photos of how I want my hair to look.." Yeah! That's it..




uh...well, probably not so much..

More like this..


..or this?



maybe even this??



but... in the past I've ended up like this..





..not that there's anything wrong with that look.. for her..and she's probebly a very sweet person..and she may have had a very bad expereince..with my last hairdresser..but she kinda looks like Dana Carvey...I'm just sayin'...

So maybe I should bring in one like this..




..and I've been told that even if you do find a great photo, if your hair is not the same..you face shape is not the same..your AGE is not the same..it may  will not work.

OK, I get that...but I took the photo to the same hairdresser...at the same shop....and the photo was age-appropriate, hair-type comatible, face-flattering...


{This is how it ONCE did look - and I liked it..}

It was..............ME...and they STILL couldn't didn't get it right..

Well, I'll have to wait until Saturday anyway...so let's all pray..OK, maybe save those for more befitting matters..but maybe we can all HOPE..that somehow, I'll get it right this time...

I know it would make Mr. B very happy...

How have you found the best hairdresser?

-

18 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

I REALLY hate getting my hair cut. I've paid good money for a BAD hair cut, I've paid just a little bit of money for a decent cut...have I found the "ONE" that I can count on time after time. NO!!! If they could just read my mind...it would help soooo much. I'll be thinking about you next Sat.lol. Laurie

Karen said...

I have long straight hair. My husband trims it once in a while. Done.

Unknown said...

Awwww, the never ending battle with first finding the right hairdresser then teaching him or her to cut your hair right... every time. I'm still looking.

Art by Darla Kay said...

I'm there with you and I totally understand! My hair is thinning and I just can't wear the styles I want. It's so frustrating and sad.
2 haircuts ago I wrote about my fiasco, you may remember :)
It took 2-3 weeks for me to like it. The last haircut was awesome and I loved it right away and for the next 2-3 weeks... now it's looking gnarly again. But, I'm scheduled for another cut AND color on Jan. 12 and I'm going to keep going to her and scheduling appointments way in advance so I'm NOT tempted to walk into any butcher in the mall again.

You're so cute in short, cropped hair colleen! I WISH I could carry that off as well as you do. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well and you LOVE the new do! Good luck!

Heather at Dusty Bay said...

Loved your post, Colleen and good luck getting your cut!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog style.
Good luck with the hair cut!

<3

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-le sigh- Not sure Honey-Bun, but from the look of the length of your hair [with reindeer antlers, in last post], I'm wondering if you have enough length yet, for a NEW hairdresser to do much changing.

But that spiky look you said you had, and liked, they ought to be able to do that, hu? But are you willing to do the gel/wax-route, to keep it spiky?

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to your reporting post. Mmmmm, or do I look forward to it? After your last experience! :-)

You are going to a different hair person though, aren't you????????

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh my Colleen....the dreaded hair topic. Us ladies can all relate to bad hair days and even badder haircuts. Mine has been through it all but I decided a few years ago I'm done with someone else telling me what would look *nice* on me... and just quit going! ya, use your imagination on this one (O:
I love your spiky look..why don't you just take YOUR picture, the one on here, and tell them to get the gel and make you YOU again! I hope you find your *look* for the new year.

Vicki/Jake said...

Hey wait...
I know, how about wigs! Then you can look however you want anytime you want! haha

Heather said...

lol, yes finding a great hair dresser is so hard! i hope your hair turns out the way you want this time!

Vee said...

Well, goodness, if it was a picture of you and your hair... I never like my hair. Not ever once have I liked it. Well, once, I was ten years old and it came out looking like the actress in Daddy Long Legs. I liked it. Don't think it would work for me today. And prayer is about relationship so I definitely think you get to pray about getting the right hairdresser. If you don't, I will!

The Texas Woman said...

Which is why I'm lovin' being BALD!! I might never have hair again...just bigger and bigger loop earrings!

Laurie said...

I haven't found the right one yet! I had a good experience while visiting my son in Iowa, but I can't afford to go there everytime I need a haircut!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your hair in that pictures. I wish I could be so brave as to go short. I haven't found the perfect person, I doubt I ever will. I learned years ago that it's just hair and it will grow.
I try not to get upset over it.
(I picked your same background. I do plan to keep looking so it may not be up long. I like the way it looks on your blog)

diane b said...

I like your new profile picture and your hair looks OK there. I like the spikey cut too. Hope you have better luck this time. I'm lucky my neighbour was a hair dresser and she cuts my hair. I like the way she does it but it grows too long too quickly. I need a cut now but I don't like to ask her as she has her parents staying for a while. So now I have a shaggy floppy down hair style instead of a short standy uppy hair style.

Unknown said...

I go to mild to wild in Layton and I tell you, every woman who walks out of there looks great. I have had some bad haircuts though, so I can relate....I will send up a prayer that you get a good haircut! Your hair is adorable in the picture!

Lovey said...

Hilarious! I have locs..I can tell you some stories! Just Hilarious. Love your humor! I needed some humor in my day! Thanks!!!

Julie said...

I have had that weird, awful haircut. My hair is fine, think and straight, and I have cowlicks on my forehead and on my crown.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...