Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One of my mostest-favoritest places on the planet....

This is from KC Willis - a great fun fabric artist that I have enjoyed (and made a few of the pieces myself..much to everyone's delight!!)

Here's the information I'd like to share with you - I have the video class and it's AmaZInG!

I have learned so much, enjoyed her humor and her style and when I visit my kids and grands in Colorado, I will be meeting her in person :-) {Note to KC: Expect a visit this next year from me..and you don't even have to bake a cake..you know..."if I knew you were comin' I'da baked a cake"??..oh..nevermind..}

"This has been an amazing year at KC Willis Studio. Wow. 170 students from 8 countries currently enrolled at the on-line workshop where I teach the basics of my techniques and inspire you to new creative heights. www.collagecamp.ning.com. You have never seen anything like Collage Camp.



After Collage Camp there's Mixed Media Mania where you take what you learned at Collage Camp and in these workshops I teach Altars and Shrines, Altered Books and Works on Paper. Fun stuff. www.mixedmediamania.ning.com.

And for those of you already making art and wanting to know how you take it to the next level and get yourself a regional or national audience, next week starts the super exciting Marketing Mindset. www.marketingmindset.ning.com. Check out the Main Page and take advantage of the Intro Price which will only last until January 8th.



And if video workshops aren't your thing...how about KC Willis Live! (assuming I've had my coffee.) Come take a multi-day class with me in my very sweet Victorian studio house in Longmont, Colorado. Check it out at www.studioretreats.ning.com. "


I know you'll enjoy her site and her classes..as a matter of fact, I gar..run..tee it :-)

9 comments:

Little Penpen said...

sweet! i say we all go to the very sweet Victorian studio!

Vicki/Jake said...

Wow...you'll be a pro in no time...actually you already are..but now you'll get some more ideas. Then share what you've done again.. Have fun with it!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

sounds awesome...will have to check it out...thanks for the well wishes...

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh how beautiful! People who can do these things, are amazing.

Wishing you and yours, a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Anonymous said...

Oh, Collen! This is gorgeousness! I love all forms of collage and hope to play with it more in 2010.
Happy, Happy New Year dear friend!
:)
Zuzu

Vee said...

Perhaps one day I'll find the extra time needed for such fun. And oh what fun it looks! Your work is lovely, Colleen.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is so different. I will be putting this in my favorites and following up on reading about it.

diane b said...

Sounds like you are on to a good thing there. The collages are very nice. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Lovey said...

Love these! KC does rock! I'm glad I joined Collage Camp in the summer. It's been one of the best things I could have done for myself in 09'. Beautiful pieces...and her videos are amazing!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...