Monday, December 7, 2009

There's one thing I am still working on....

..and that's about being judgmental...

I'm better than I used to be..but not as good as I'd like to be.

And it's not the BIG things I'm judgmental about..I've gotten pretty good at that...

It's the littleteensytiny things...like..

..it drives me crazy to see sloppy curtains..

{...and NO, this is NOT my house..}

See how easy that was??Or how about this one?? {no, not this one either...they are for..effect.}


..or blinds that are all catywhumpus..If you can't afford new blinds, then try to fix the ones you have or pull them all the way up..


I tend to think people with sloppy curtains have messy houses..what's up with that?.

Magazine maker-people are cheap....


..Those card-thingys in magazines??...I have to spend time ripping them out, then tearing out all the creepy medicine ads with 3 pages of "possible side effects" before I even get to flip through the magazine..then the magazine that was soo fat and yummy..is now a flat, skinny magazine..I think if we PAY for a magazine, we should get it ad-free..if they want to bombard us with ads - the magazine should be free..




Oh Oh Oh...
when they decide to put different covers on the same magazine?? I have many times purchased a magazine, only to find out the innards are the same as the one I have at home..yeah...


And, I judge a book by it's cover...and recipes by the photos. Then I am disappointed when the book's not all that good..and I probably missed the recipe that didn't have a photo that has "1/3 fewer calories and half the fat!!"


If I see someone not carrying baggies with their pups..I think they aren't cleaning up after them.. they probably have pockets, right? { Not for the poop, silly, to carry the bags in..}


So, am I a curtain-profiler? A poop-bag-biddy?? A blinds blaster?

Maybe..

..but don't judge me, OK?

10 comments:

Pearl said...

I'm ripping my blinds down right now as we speak..um read.

Karen said...

Everyone has their little pet peeves. It drives me crazy when people put up their Christmas decorations and light them before Thanksgiving. I don't know why...they're just as pretty before as after.

Art by Darla Kay said...

I walk a german shepherd so yes, I carry a bag tucked nicely in my pocket and walk on a path that has dumpsters every block or so. But I am AMAZED at the people who do NOT pick up their dogs doo! Unbelievable. I have a neighbor who walks his dogs right down my sidewalk when there's an open area right across the street that the city owns. His little fluff ball dog decided to squat right on my lawn one day and he knew I was inside by the computer and seeing this. He picked up a leaf that had fallen and picked it up with that! ewwww! then he flung it over onto the city owned area.
I'm going to make a sign that says, 'I have a large dog and I have enough scooping here without you adding to it...please poop elsewhere!'

Yep, I'm a little crabby on this subject too :)

A Wild Thing said...

REPEAT AFTER ME...I will be happier than a bird with a french fry...I will be happier than a bird with a french fry...I...



It works for me...girl, you slay me!!! Lorie R. once said to me...wouldn't Colleen be a blast to work with...RIGHT ON SISTA!

s

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yeah! All that stuff in magazines! Yish...

As to pooper-scooping, we have a city ordinance mandating it. So there!

^_^

Launi said...

How could we possibly judge you when you're so darn entertaining?!

You crack me up...

Vicki/Jake said...

Been away for a few but had to sneak here and catch up. How funny you always are and such *pet* peeves (o:
I live in a very small rural agriculture area...you know, cows, sheep, turkeys, cowboy boots.... so doggie poo is the least of the poo problems. But I understand all yours. Oh and add this one...crooked pictures on the wall!!
Keep us laughing....

Mary said...

I'm with you on all these no-no's. As for the magazines, it really is pathetic how some of them are nothing more than advertisements - and hate them when they on the same pages as the decent articles/recipes etc. Why can't they gang them together in a perforated tear-out section at the back - easier to recycle and you could end up with a much nicer mag. to sit down with alongside your cuppa and cookie!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You own a pet you pick up the poop.

diane b said...

I agree with your peeves my peeve is not relevant to people living in cold snowy places at Christmas.
I can't stand it when stores and houses in Australia decorate with artificial snow. Why can't they be proud to be Australian and celebrate a hot sunny Christmas. For many years we blindly followed the British tradition of a hot roast turkey dinner and steaming plum pudding for Christmas dinner. ( painfully hot to cook annd eat in temperatures over 90F and heats the house too) Thankfully many people are now adopting a more suitable traditional Aussie Christmas meal of fish, prawns, crabs, lobsters, crayfish, oysters, cold ham and salads with fruit salad or cold pudding and ice cream.Woops you got me on my hobby horse.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...