Saturday, December 12, 2009

Raaaadom, randomrandomrandom- post..

When I was a single Mom..{versus what? a double Mom?}.. anyway.

..not a lot of money for fancy furniture..or even plain furniture..or FURNITURE for that matter.. I, like many college students (my income was probably best compared to theirs..),used milk crates as various pieces of furniture..mostly foot-stools and bookshelves..

{makes me wonder where I got all those milk crates..this is where creative 'remembery' comes in..}

However ( love that word..almost as much as 'perhaps') mine never looked this good...



guess if I had enough money for legs and wheels, I might have purchased a foot stool.

.
'Danish Modern' or 'Dairy Modern'?


..um..I think f I had the underlying chandelier, I may not have done this one...I'm just sayin'..


OK, so I wanna know - why it is when I HAVE to get up early it is such a chore..not that I don't do it, but I want so badly just to close my eyes for, say, a half hour more..


..but on the week-ends, when I don't HAVE to be up..I'm up before the sun, all full of ideas to do..


rita314.wordpress.com

You know how you think you should look after a nice warm shower..all fresh and sweet smelling? And in your head, you think you look like this:


When actually, you look like this..Hmmm...

Well. now my eyes are getting sleepy...just in time for the day to really begin..Oh well.

I can always sleep another time...



Now, go out there and have a fun, wildly entertaining and totally awesome Saturday, OK?

-me

11 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

I'll try but it will be hard to have a fun, wildly entertaining day after YOU entertained me so nicely on your blog!

RoeH said...

Milk crates. If only I'd thought. I remember yearrrrrrrrs ago getting orange crates from the grocery store and making a neat little dresser desk kind of thing for my bedroom. They we'd get some materiel and somehow stick it onto the whole front. We thought we were so cool.

Charmingdesigns said...

Have fun??? Freezing rain is not a fun thing! Broken pipes in garages, not fun...Hope my day gets better. Thanks for the post, it put a smile on my face.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great pictures as always. Love the milk crates, so different! It is pouring outside today so I won't be having too much fun although we need to go to Costco. Why is it rains the day you go shopping? I too always want to sleep longer yet I never do. Sometimes I move to the couch in my office and get a few more zzzzz's before I start my day!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

"Now, go out there and have a fun, wildly entertaining and totally awesome Saturday, OK?"

Awwwwwwwwwwww Mom, do I havvvvvvvve to?!?!?! Can't I just have a plain ol' Saturday? Please can I? Please... Pretty please... Pretty please with sugar on it? Hu? Hu? Hu?
-------

See, one "Woman of a Certain Age" writes a unique post. And another "Woman of a Certain Age" just hasss to be wise-arse with her comment. -gigggggggles-

^_^

Heather said...

yeah i was never that creative with my milk crates either, LOL.

Vicki/Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki/Jake said...

Yes, just why is it we CAN NOT sleep in on those days?? Maybe because our inner clock tells us to use up the time we have left? UGH, that sounded depressing...
Anyway, I too remember the milk crates, but they were wire ones then. Or the wooden ones with "Property of Meadow Gold" Remember them? I like the stools..
Have a great rest of the weekend and stay warm!
(I need to change my picture...)

diane b said...

I don't remember using milk crates but we had bricks and planks for bookshelves in our first house.I think the crates look a bit kitch.The dogs are funny.

Laurie said...

With us "kids" it was cement block furniture. It made bookshelves, stick a board over a couple and you have a bench, a wider board made a coffee table. Ahh the good ole days?!

Charmingdesigns said...

I couldn't find your email address. I thought I had it. I thought you might enjoy reading this blog. Her thoughts on PJ's.http://buttonsnlace.blogspot.com/
Laurie

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...