Saturday, April 5, 2008

Total "monkey business"...

Yeppers..that's what yesterday turned out to be.

And I don't mean that in a bad sense...really...

The job-thing - ah, not so much. The guy was like an uber stress-case. Yeah, I'd want to go work there, boy-howdy!

It's a nice feeling to know I can interview the job...and pick & choose which I'll take. Mother didn't raise a dummy here - no more "aim, fire, ready " for me. I'm going to do as much research on them as they do on me...

Then it was on to HomeGoods - and again, not so much. Maybe I was expecting more (this was my first time in) but their prices didn't seem that much lower and the selection wasn't that great.

Of course, I did manage to leave some of my money there, but not a lot.....

Love this heavy picture frame...look at the detail on the birdies..cute, huh?!




Then I spotted this little guy...you know me and dogs...Mr. B doesn't hate it...but I'm not certain he thinks it's quite as endearing as I do...


Maybe it's the creepy-no-eyes-thing. I'll bet I can fix that with a pain pen...



Well, I think he's cute...

Anyway, back to the "monkey business"...

...how's that for a new bath mat??

I'm trying to figure out if he's trying to whistle at me....or it's a look of sheer horror...maybe I'll get dressed in the other room....it's pretty bad when a rug can make you self-concious....

When I had my drive-by-mastectomy (14 hours in the hospital then sent home...) I noticed a sort of void when I laid on my side at night...you know...where the 2 girls used to be...sort of hugging each other as I slept in my side?? Well, I wanted to fill that void...somehow..and when I spotted 'him'....well I knew no ordinary gorilla could ever fill that place like he did...

He is soft, quiet, he didn't complain, his arm never went to sleep...cuddly and cute...he was the perfect....gorilla....

He sort of fits in the space the girls used to inhabit...if you know what I mean...so I don't sort of fold-up because there's nothing to keep my shoulders apart...with my arms flopping around - they now hug him!

But I knew he was probably lonely when I wasn't there - and neither Lulu or Braxton seem to even notice him when I leave...so when I saw her.....I knew what I had to do....



He, tall dark and strong...her, pure and white as the snow...Ebony & Ivory...

Jungle Fever.... Kevin Costner and WhitneyHouston...(excpet the other way around...) and can you blame them?

It was a match made in Heave....ahh.... China probably, but you get my point...

Anyway, have a fun today and do a little "monkey business" of your own!

-me

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great story! Only you could bring a bit of humour and lateral thinking to the problems posed by a mastectomy. I was in knots of laughter. What a tonic. ...and your new gorilla is the bees knees!...Love Pam

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

That is adorable.

You are an inspiration.
My grandmother , whom I adore. SPit and fire just like you. Is a warrior also. Cheers to the monkey. What a good friend.

d

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by. I bet we would have alot to talk about on the that porch. I can't wait to find my bench so i can set out with a pitcher of lemon aid this summer.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

You are making me laugh, love your positive spirit! Enjoy your fluffing (monkeys and all!)...

Happy Saturday night!

Blessings,
Melissa

COLLS GARDEN said...

Boy Colleen, you have been busy. Not sure about that Monkey mat. Sooo glad it's you cleaning out that room & not me. What am I saying, my computer room is a disaster at the moment (giggle). Half my pretties are in here until all the repairs are finished. Maybe we could do them together?
Hugs, Coll :-}

The Feathered Nest said...

Colleen!!! I love the monkey buddy!!!! That's what my mom calls her "body pillow" that she sleeps with! What a sweet thing to find him a "her", they truly do look like they belong together, don't they? You're so right, Colleen, about the job thing. Find the place that truly "deserves" you!! xxoo, Dawn

Little Penpen said...

The monkey bath matt is hilarious! Only YOU can pull that off. Glad you found a mate for your "bosom buddy."

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...