Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Arizona's Skyscrapers.....

The beautiful, giant, century old Saguaro cactus...the Prickly Pear....Bottle Brush

I don't know how many of you have seen the desert in the spring.

Many have probably heard about the outrageously hot summers and the lovely cool winters.

But the spring, ah, the spring!

Cactus blooming - the air smells sweet with mesquite trees and orange groves...


And the beauty of the colors - yes - they do have brilliant, beautiful colors.

A juxtaposition to the stark, harsh landscape of the Sonora Desert.... awe-inspiring.

My grandson Brian and his girlfriend Tessa took me on a virtual journey to the Desert Botanical Gardens..

Enjoy a little of what they saw, and what brings to mind my childhood on the ranch...I can almost hear the mourning doves now....

I'm happy that while they are so young they seek out the beauty of wherever they are.

Thanks, Bud...I love you both.

XXOO
Grammie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow did you ever see anything so beautiful, what a nice thing to do for you,and what a good looking pair they are.thank you so much .Angie

Laurie and Chris said...

The pictures are so pretty!

COLLS GARDEN said...

Lovely pics Colleen, what a sweet Grandson (& his girlfriend). BTW, can you please send the Organising Fairy to my house when you've finished with her.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Carolyn said...

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing!

Oh.....I am a having my first contest. Pass the word and stop by my blog and enter!!

Carolyn

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...