Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Angels above, watch over me. Teach me to fly - then set me free...


As I sit here tonight, we've just heard of a little girl's death. She was abducted yesterday while playing outside of her apartment.



An Amber Alert was issued - everyone was so hopeful..hundrends volunteered to look for her..."any minute now...."



That's what we all thought...



They told everyone what she was wearing -" pink jacket and pink crocs...."



She had "long dark hair and brown eyes. She was missing her front two teeth" - the age, you know... She was part of a refugee family from Burma. Came here for a better life. Doesn't speak a lot of English yet...



Now she is gone - perhaps to a better life for sure - however, to her family which included a newborn sibling - one can't even imagine the pain, the second-guessing - why was she outside??



Nice day. New snow. Full of sun. Kids get bored. She was attending year-round school & she was "off-track"...



It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon - a "safe" time? Should have been. This is Utah, for heaven's sake...



When something like this happens, I think, "that's the same age as Emily.." or "only a little older than Ella.." and it hurts us that much more - makes it more real - closer, I guess.
All of a sudden she was one of you.....



And yet, we can't keep the children closed in until they are old now, can we?

No.

And is one state safer than another?

No.

And have we been fooling ourselves to think it can't happen again?



A resounding... yes.



I have always believed in Angels. And I know somehow the Angels were near her and lifted her up and taught her to fly...



I only pray some of those Angels come back to envelope the family in their wings and whisper to them that she's free.......



Please pray for the family - and for all of us. We are once more diminshed....





-me

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad... Your Amber Alert is such a great system to have but unfortunately it did not work this time. Our loving thoughts are with her family. Pam

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

So sad when someone hurts a child. Here on the Gulf Coast a man threw his 4 children off a bridge...age 4 month to 3 yrs. How do you do that? It took 2 weeks to recover all 4 little angels from the waters of Mobile bay...so many people looking and so many broken hearts when everyone discovered he had not give them away but actually thrown them away.....how can any hurt such a tiny spirit???

Kentucky Bound said...

It breaks my heart when I hear stories like this. How can anyone be so sick and cruel as to harm an innocent child. My heart goes out to her family. What a tragedy to endure.

There is comfort in knowing that she is now safe in the arms of Jesus.

Blessings!
Liz

Anonymous said...

What a terrible thing to happen, light of heaven to her.My heart is scalded to think about the pain her poor family are in, I will remember her and them in my prayers Angie

Laurie and Chris said...

This makes me sick to my stomache. What is wrong with people. I don't understand why the pick little kids!! You are in our thoughts!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Heartbreaking.

d

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. How utterly heartbreaking for the families and everyone who loved the little sweetie!
Im with you I too beleive in angles and I think we all have helping to guide us through life.
Was a pleasure reading your blog.
Mandii

Anonymous said...

So sad it seems this is just an everyday happening now. Where is our world going?

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...