Thursday, April 24, 2008

Here I sit and I had no idea......

...that we were in the middle of some "livestock uprising" right here in my neighborhood...

Let me tell you what's been happening - right here. Right in our little Main Street park...

I was walking the pups earlier this week when I spotted a piece of wadded up paper at the park.

I walked right past it.

Yes, I know, I know. I should have stopped to pick it up - and I have, on other occasions, picked up trash that the children have left and quickly deposited it in the trash cans. I have... But not so on that day.

Why?? I 'll never know.....

So, today it was frizzleing - you know, freezing drizzle, then it turned to out and out snow.

In April.

Right on our brand-new-never-been-even-turned-on air conditioning system...don't get me started....

We again spotted the paper . Only this time, the cold winds had pushed it open and blew it against the fencing.

We finally saw the note. And the picture... We were unprepared for what we read...(I had to take the note home and iron it...Yes, I can iron - I just really REALLY don't like to...

Our beloved Harmon - remember Harmon?? My sister Kathy adopted Harmon while she was out here for Mr. & Mrs. P's wedding??

Here's his photo. Happier times. You can see him among the salads and rolls in our prep area before the rehearsal dinner with granddaughter Emily in the background....bygones...



Anyway, seems he was being held captive, in some odd extortion plot.....see for yourself..

First off, who is this "Farmer Brown" dude?? And technically, we're not zoned for "barns".....

And the cows?? Could they be the same ones Kathy milked??? Were her hands THAT cold that they now needed electric blankets?

....and what are they doing with typewriters?? No wireless connections, no keyboards in the "barn" ??

Oh, and just how do they type? "hunt and peck"?? They don't even have peckers?? I mean beaks....

Well, just to ease your mind, Harmon is back - safe and sound.



Seems the demands were met, accoring to the other side of the page...I mean note...and is that Chicker and Ophelia I see under the electric blankets??????


Darn tootin' it was a 'good deal' Farmer Brown. We got Harmon back......

His neck was broken in the mishap, but they put a brace on it and said he'd be fine after the 24 hours the glue needs to have a "permanent bond"....thus the painter's-tape-neck-brace.

Just so you know - Utah is no place for cold cows. They get mean. They get demanding. They get electric blankets....

Carry on, little duck-Dude....carry on...

-me

ps - I really found that book-page in the park - weird, huh??

6 comments:

Cami said...

Poor duck... Glad he arrived back in one (errrrr....) "almost" one piece!

COLLS GARDEN said...

Oh My Goodness, I am too busy laughing to remember what I just read! I have had a lousy couple of days, you were just what I needed. Poor Duck!
Lotsa Hugs, Coll :-}

Anonymous said...

Poor Harmon looks a little dejected with his bandages holding his head and his a*** on!

Anonymous said...

If I'd found that paper, I'd have read it, laughed and trashed it. You, my dear friend, turned it into such a funny story...Harmon is a Hoot! Love your intellect! Betty

Joyce said...

Oh my dear friend! You are so, so funny! seems no matter what is going on I know I can always come here for a "smile & a giggle"! you are just the best!

Julie said...

I have really enjoyed discovering your blog since you commented on mine. You are a very funny lady and a delight to read.

Julie

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...