Thursday, April 17, 2008

Here I am...still cleaning the art room...

...and yes, it's been forever.

But we had central air installed this week and I had to completely empty the front pantry (attic access, you know..) and I thought, well, seeing how it's empty, I might as well go through all of it..then that led to the small pantry in the kitchen..and that let to the linen closet..oh, and where was I ? Oh yeah, the "room"...

I'm going shelf by shelf, drawer by drawer, bin by bin, well, you get the picture.

Oh, and speaking about pictures, I found a couple of cards that I'm posting here (saves on postage), one for Mary of Ideally Me ................


Hahahahahaha! Mary is experiencing her own "personal summer" and this one even has her name right!

Then, anyone who knows Dawn from The Feathered Nest knows she'll like this one...





I found a whole stash of greeting cards that I've purchased over the years.
Ahhh....I can stand at Walgreen's and laugh out loud, but people tend to think I must be waiting on my anti-spasmodic drugs or something...

Did you know Midol used to advertise that their pills had an "anti-spasmodic" in them? Well, that's good, because I certainly didn't want to have my period and be a spaz!

Oh, a really good place to find great cards is the car wash - seriously! While you wait for your "brush less car wash" (what the heck is that anyway? It's like saying a fingerless shampoo...)

Rather than enjoying their ridiculously overpriced coffees, I look on the card racks. Again with the laughing..again being subjected to stares and women protecting their purses...

I don't know about you, but when I'm faced with ridiculous people, my inner-child tends to surface - you know the one... the brat...and I want to laugh even more evilly (is that a word??)


Bwaaahahahahaha!
Take that you Silly-Soccer-Mom!

Wow, can you tell it's a full moon?? I just saw him..the man in the moon. He's smiling. Maybe laughing. Maybe he should take an "anti-spazmotic"...

Maybe I should go to bed...

-me

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

bwahahahahahaaaa!!! thank you so much Colleen for making me laugh out loud this morning!!!! And your are right, I really really love that image....xxoo, Dawn

the tattered nest said...

I am with feathered nest on that one...love that card! and the hot flash card is to funny. Thanks for cheering me up today.

Anonymous said...

Love your laugh...bwaaahahaha...I have a brother-in-law who really laughs just like that, loudly; makes me break out into fits (or is it gales?)of laughter just to hear him. There are people who can make anyone laugh just by theirs...you, too? Love, Betty

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

I love the card in the carwash....they are hilarous

Anonymous said...

Love yhe idea of the inner child comming out to play,a bit of devilment now and again must be good for you,keep laughing,but more importantly keep blogging Angie xxx

Mary said...

Colleen you really are a hoot!! Thanks for sharing the "Mary heating her coffee" card - I remember those days, thank goodness they're long gone!

Thanks for stopping by this morning to see the baby wrens - I'm missing them, the porch is much too quiet.
Have a great weekend - hugs, Mary.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...