Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh when the red, red robin comes bob-bob-bobbing along...


Snow this morning - sunny this afternoon. Welcome to Utah.

Actually I do love it. The mountains are still covered with snow, and while walking Lulu, Braxie and I spotted a fat, red-breasted Robin.

And they really do bob-along...really.

Then she took off in flight. Really something to see. She was flying low then just soared up, up, up. Bet the dogs looked really really little from her 'bird's eye view'...

It reminded me of me when I was a little girl. I just knew that I had flown at one time. Not like in a dream, but really flown. I recall running then sort of hop, skipping, then taking off. I really do. I saw the tree tops and everything. I can feel my feet touching the ground as I ran then just my toes as I took off.
Maybe I was a bird once....but they sure do have skinny little legs...that's where I loose the argument..
I mean, I'd have to be a big 'ol bird - with big strong legs - like an Emu - and I don't recall ever seeing an Emu fly.

Do you??

Now there are some people that look like Flamingos - you know those women who have to shave their legs up to their necks?? Flamingos.

And who has ever seen a Nun (or a pregnant women ) and not thought of a Penguin??

And naggy-women that crow like crows - Mrs. Olson from Little House on the Prairie was a Crow.

I think now I look more like a Pelican with my waddle-neck thing. Or a Turkey...well, maybe not a Turkey...they're all wrinkly and I am not. (if I lost the weight I might be - better have another piece of cake, huh??)

I known some meek little-voiced women who are like Sparrows...and some flashy red-heads that are the Cardinals...

Some old Cactus Wrens in Arizona...tough old birds....
(no, I am NOT talking about my older sisters...geesh)

Then there's Mourning Doves - they could be either Irish or Jewish women..
( the Irish would be the Mornin'! Doves while the Jewish would be the Mourning Doves..)

And let's not forget the "A" type hyper-personality women that are the Hummingbirds!

So, in a way, we really are "birds" ...

And what is it they say about 'birds of a feather flocking together'.....they must have meant 'blogging together..'

Have a great Saturday - I know I'm going to try!

-me
Disclaimer: I apologize to any old people in Arizona, any Irish or Jewish women, red-headed women, ADHD women, and women with wobbly-necks....but most of all to the birds I have compared them to..serioulsy.
**Thanks Dawn at the Feathered Nest for the lovely print I've used... !!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, hummingbird it is, or I am....flit, flit, flit. The dogs follow me around all day just waiting for me to "light" somewhere so they can climb on.

Love your comparisons...you are so funny and so true! Betty

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! but I think you are a swan!...Pam

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love this post! It is spot on. I have been trying to figure out what kind of bird I might be. I think it would be chickadee....
Hugs,
Penny
p.s. come enter my 200th post giveaway!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh my....I hate to think of the bird that I would be!!!! What was that thing called, a dodo?? xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

my mam has always called us,her swans,claiming all mammys think her children are just that .......swans!!!!!

Kentucky Bound said...

Hmmm . . . I don't see the bird mentioned that my son has oft compared me to . . . the loon(ey)!

Blessings!

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

I have said for years that I was a bird in a previous life.....I have them all ove my house...in the kitchen, bathroom, I have pelican pictures in my living room and a whole book case of Lenox figures....I think I am a bluebird.....love blue and am kinda flighty....also love, love love trees.....

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...