Monday, April 28, 2008

Since when...

....did the criminals decide to wear grandma clothes??

Where was I when this happened?

Do we shop in the same stores??

Almost every night we hear the description of some perp (TV lingo for "perpatrator"..) and what to look out for...

"The suspect was last seen wearing blue jeans, T-shirt and a hoodie."

Well, were they wearing crocs, too??
That's apparently the only difference in what they wear and what I wear on an almost daily basis.

I guess this could be good news..I could probably run in and rob a 7-11 and they'd think it was some kid...

Oh, who am I kidding...I could never...............................uh........RUN into a 7-11.
Depending how long I had been sitting, I'd kinda half-limp-half-waddle in...

So I guess the description of the thief would need to include "ran out of the store with youthful exuberance......"
I'd be limp-waddling out, trying to answer my cell phone and find my keys to the "get-away-Hyundai"

Oh, and another fashion upset this week - my sun hat. It's is TOO BIG..

Are you kidding me???

How does that happen?? Did I loose weight in my head??
How does one loose weight in the head?

It sort of sits on my ears and I have to tuck them into the brim....real atractive..oh yeah...

The "woes" of summer are upon me. And it isn't even a week into spring...

It's gunna be a l-o-n-g summer....

-me

9 comments:

Jan said...

The hat is hysterical! What's even funnier is about 12 years ago I have a very similar picture of myself in a hat not unlike that one...in the same pose! How funny!!

Jan

The Feathered Nest said...

Colleen!! Here I am all bleary-eyed, coffee in hand and just busting out laughing!!! Thank you for starting my day off with a smile....I just love that smile under that hat! xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

You've lost weight from your head??? Is this something else I have to worry about as I get older?
Is there no end to the bad news?
...On the other hand losing weight at all is good news...I think...Now you have me confused...love Pam

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

I am sitting in my office, suppose to be working, dying laughing at the picture of you and your summer hat. People think I have lost my mind......you have made a otherwise teadious day funny. Thanks you so much for the laughter....my face is happy....

Little Penpen said...

Your hat is cute, even if it is too big. hmmmm.... losing weight in the head... interesting. And to think we don't even have to "try" to do that!

Nancy Hood said...

had to laugh out loud! I've been seeing your comments on Dawn's page, so thought I'd hop over and look at yours! I'll be back!

Laurie and Chris said...

You crack me up! I laughed right out loud today at your post.Thank youfor the daily smile!!

Anonymous said...

the woes of summer are on me too i am in gran canaria where it seems all the beautiful seem to live all skinny all brown and yes all young!!!!! ah yes its wonderful to sit and watch !for i havent the energy to do anything else.Angie xx

Julie said...

The second picture of you is too cute! I just love it!

My hats are always too small. My head isn't overly large, but my hair is so darn thick.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...