Monday, April 7, 2008

Things that make you go Awwww....

That's what happened to Mr. B & me today.


Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Busy Sunday. Everybody hurrying around - the wait staff especially.

Hard work. Waiting tables on a Sunday morning.....

We were seated quickly though, I think because there were a lot of big parties. 2 can be a really good number when waiting in line.

When we were seated, a young-ish man introduced himself as our waiter and got our drinks - water for me and tea for Mr. B..

Hey, I should have had tea too so we could have had "tea for two"...but I didn't think of it then...don't know why I'm thinking about it now...Hmmm...

Anyway, when he brought the drinks Mr. B and I were holding hands across the table. Something we do and don;t think about. Until today....

He seems almost embarrassed that he was interrupting when I moved my hands to make way for the drinks..

He said, "oh no...you just keep on holding hands...

Then again when he was refilling our drinks, he again said, "Now, don't let go, OK?"

Seems we had made some sort of impression on him.


When he delivered the bill at the end of our meal, he said...

"May I ask....Are you two like a 'new thing' or........."

"Nope" says me, "We've been together almost 30 years..."

"Oh that's so nice. Wait till I tell my fiance that it can last..."


Yep, seems even the tiniest of things we do, even unconsciously, can make an impression of someone...you just never know.

Guess that's what they meant by "set a good example"

Little did he know - he made MY day as well! And made me say "Awwwww....."

-me

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! And what a nice young man to notice and ask you about it...his fiance is a lucky person, eh?

Take care and "keep holdin' on"! Betty

Rachael said...

You guys are a great inspiration to Jeff and I. And you have taught your son well - he holds my hands across the table too.
Love you - Rachael.

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely story and a great inspiration to young couples. Not that we are a young couple or anything (except at heart) We are 34 years together and 30 married, I can't believe it!.
You've gone and got me all maudlin' now. Awwww!... Love Pam

the tattered nest said...

that is so sweet...and I see your daughter in law is thankful for the impression you made on your son..that says so much about you as a Mom...

Rachael said...

Oh! P.S. I made the diet coke cake for my family yesterday (I kept the ingredients a secret until they tasted it) and it was a HUGE hit! My dad was the most surprised stating that he would not have wanted to taste it if he had known it had diet coke and fat free whipped cream - but since he tasted it first - he was plesantly surprised. Everyone loved it! Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

I really needed this little pick me up today. I am new to the blogging world. Thanks again.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

You are " ab fab."

We should all be so blessed to have that opportunity in our life.

I'm going to blog this one.

d

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here crying because all I can think about is the love that my Grandmother and my Grandfather had...they always held hands in the car everytime we jumped in to go somewhere. I can picture you and Mr. B sitting there, holding hands, and staring into eachother's eyes...I want that...I am demanding that from now on! Hubby and I are hitting our 8th, we got 2 little ones, and just don't find the time to just be with eachother. Beautiful story! It truly is....

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Awwww, Colleen, What a sweet story...thank you for sharing it!

Thanks for your nice comment about my laundry room.

Have a great weekend!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...