Friday, April 4, 2008

OK...so let me explain...

Um...first it was walking the pups...then I had to make the bed...then write my blog from yesterday...

......... got the boxes out of the car - a good start, me !

Oh, the pups needs to go out again...

Hey, what's that their doing with our street lights? Oh, new ones. How interesting. But I kinda liked the old street lights...these new ones sure are tall...Look at that digger-thing..those worker-guys sure do get up early...

Oops..almost forgot to let the pups back in.....

Downstairs...Check the cat's dish..clean the box..turn on Animal Planet for her (Bones, the cat, adopted Mother-in-Law and lives downstairs with her- only MIL is on vacation - so along with my chicken-sitting talents, I also kitty-sit - and she LOVES Animal Planet...)

Up the stairs....Now where was I??? Oh yeah - the big art room clean up...

Uggg..do I really want to go in there?




Phone rings - "Hello?"...Oh joy..a phone interview (she says with more than a hint of sarcasm..)

Good thing they don't have one of those "seeing" phones, what with me in my T-shirt and mismatched Jammie's - oh crap - some idiot just spilled coffee on my shirt - uh, that would be me...

"Why yes - I'd love to take an "on-line" assessment of my computer skills..."

hurumph....like I have all day to seek employment.........

OK, so take the test and get to work in the room......Wow, that was odd... and fast - it's already is scored (passed both, whew..I hate tests!) and now waiting for a call back..

Hey, look what I found..here's that painting Jeff did when he was in his "outer-world" phase in his artwork...yes, that is a fried egg (he always was a bit...uh...odd..) It's amazing the stuff you find when you move other things around, huh...



Now, back to the task at hand...what Braxie? You need to go out again?? OK OK...

Where was I...oh yeah..the boxes..where do I start?? Should I start here...............



or here.............




...or maybe here....


Oh look! Ella's little T-shirt! Oh, I miss her...



Aw, come on Lulu! You can't have to go out again ,can you?? OK, OK, don't cross your little legs like that - I'll let you out..Braxton, come in NOW!

The phone's ringing..... again - "Hello, why yes, I'd love to come tomorrow for an interview (wasn't that what I did on the phone earlier??) 9:30? OK...

Do I have clean grown-up-interview-clothes? Need to do a load of laundry..let Lulu in..say hi to Bones...give her a treat...


What time is it???? NO...SHUT UP! REALLY????


This feeding frenzy every night is getting old...I feel like Sally Fields in Murphy's Romance when she was trying to get James Gardner to keep coming over...

"Meat loaf tonight with corn & roasted potatoes...."

"Pork chops tonight with loaded potatoes.."


Am I that desperate?? Naa - Hey Mr.B.....it's Chili's tomorrow - and YOU'RE paying! After all, I'm currently un-employed.......



This will have to wait yet another day...and who knows...the 9:30 interview is just across the street from HomeGoods!!!!!!!!!!!!! SaaWeet!

Wish me luck......no, not on the interview...on the room!....did I let Lulu back in?????????

-me

7 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

SaWeet!! I love it!! I know...what does exactly happen to our days, Colleen, they seem to disappear in to thin air....Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog Colleen. Seems at this age I'm trying a few new things! Ha! Who knew? Have a great weekend, xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you bought the "Universe" book and then the next blog, there it is...in front of your computer in the art room...it's like following you around for a while...enjoyed it. Betty

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh I so enjoyed that! I think we all can relate! Now I'm off to see if I can get SOMETHING done...lol. Laurie

Xerofall said...

It actually wasn't my idea to leave the "egg" in space. I was painting the black space toward the planets one day and had to stop because art class ended. So the white around the yellow was the white of the unfinished canvas.

The next day everyone told me that it was cool that I had an egg floating in space.

So I went with it... I preteded it was on purpose. Heh...

-Jeff

Anonymous said...

How are you going to fit in a job into your day? I love your art room, dont touch it - it's fine!...Hugs Pam

the tattered nest said...

Who let the dogs out when you were working full time? I agree with Pam, your art room looks fine! Have a good weekend...

Laurie and Chris said...

How about Good Luck on both!! I would get side tracked looking at stuff that I forgot I had.I can't even see my scrapbook table right now. Maybe I should take a day to look for it. Have a nice weekend!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...