Thursday, April 10, 2008

OK, so I'm not going on Oprah...

....as one of those pack-rat-never-cleaning-keeping-everything-odd-balls...

But I think I could... I mean I do clean..but somehow in my art room, my room, for-the-first-time-ever-my-very-own-room seems to be the last on the list of priorities. And I am sort of a odd-ball....

I'm trying to get over that. The room thing - not the odd-ball thing - I kind of like being an odd-ball...

And so I have scheduled time in my room, from 8am until 3pm (with a half-hour Judge Alex lunch break...) for the past 3 days...

..and I'm nowhere near done.

Mr. B gets home at 3-ish, so I close the door and do not think about "just one more hour and I'll have so-and-so completed"...I don't think that's fair.

We sit on the sofa and usually watch Ellen and laugh & talk about our day, then at 4 he takes the pups for their afternoon walk and I start dinner..I'm actually proving to him that I'm a pretty good cook ..

Oh. My. Heck. What have I done???????

Actually that's OK - he knows that once I get back to work, he will arrive home before I do (even if it does take driving home the long way, say by way of Idaho...) so he'll go back to the stove...

Back to the big clean-up. Progress is slow however, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know that to get from point A to point B you have to mess around with A+ then on to A- then B..and so on.

But here's the thing - I am learning along the way. I have sorted and "saved" what I thought I needed or forgot I had - only to think about it longer and to decide that I will probably never use it! So out it goes. And that, my friends, is progress for me.

Here are some shots of the room - one side still piled with stuff that needs carting off or finding a home and the other side where progress can be seen...

And although tired at the end of the day, I feel so good about shedding all this weight...so good I think I will really start shedding my weight - all the things that are holing me back from truly living every single minute of this wonderful life I have - the pounds, the whiney-waa-waas, the what-ifs and the couldas, shouldas, wouldas, and, like the room, I too will enjoy a lighter year!

-me

4 comments:

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

The Idaho comment; insanely funny Utah! LMAOOOAOAO

Worth of coffee spit outtage.

I LOVE THE BASKETS with the tags. ANd can we " dib" ON THE throw away pile! LOL

lmao... It LOOKS SO GREAT.
d

Anonymous said...

Well fair play to ye mrs you did a wonderful job.I could do with a bit of sorting myself but!!!!!!!! wait for it i only have one day off this week, ah yes i would do it if i had time,its like the fairy tales of Ireland !!!!!

Bonita Rose said...

U have done so much.. wow... soon, I'll be doing the same with my sb studio, especially if we are moving..

Laurie and Chris said...

Wow! It looks great! I love all the baskets!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...