Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kinda like the "loaves & the fishes"...well,..sort of....

That's how I feel about the saran wrap from that well-known membership store that I go to. you know...

Oh, it's not saran wrap..it's "plastic" wrap, which is kind of silly when you know it's aluminum foil or waxed paper...( I wonder how many people think it's made of 'saran'?..uh...not me of course...)

Anyway, I think I bought this thing about a year ago. And it's not like I'm stingy with it - I use it everyday to wrap up Mr. B's lunch...probably about 3 feet of the stuff..he hates dried bread...

And dinner left-overs..and stuff....

Not that he takes a biggie-sized-sandwich, usually the just the regular size...although I've never measured...but, bread-sized.

But just when you think is all gone...there's more! (bet if it would have been around back then - the extra fish and bread would have been wrapped up in it...)
So, the original box is falling apart it's so old...the little cutter-thingy keeps getting all caught up and rips instead of tears..

Then I get all rippy-mad & frustrated and find myself actually fighting with the box...

Have you ever tried to break that stuff? It's next to impossible. It has to be cut. They should wrap bridge supports with this...or bungee-jump with it...or make parachute strings....

....or make in into a girdle......
(for you younger readers..."gir-dul" (noun) control-top pantie hose ..without the hose....used by mid-century woman to flatten abdominal muscles - or what your generation calls "abs"....because, hey, we didn't exercise back then either...

....or roll it up into a leash for Lulu, my "resistance trainer" (she pulls something awful when we walk..but hey, my arms and ankles are looking great!)

And I want to use my new, fresh, pretty, un-broken box in the pantry soo bad...you know they come in a 2 pack, right? So I'm set til about 2009-ish...
But it keeps on giving me big 'ol wraps...just when I think this has to be the very last sandwich..


I can't justify throwing it away...but come on...a year??
I want to open my new box, people!

Ahem...excuse me........I need to get a job.....huh?

Have a good Wednesday & be nice to someone you know who is not working and going nuts-O..
-me

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

LOVE IT!! Colleen only you could post about plastic wrap and make me laugh!!!! love you and your wrap! xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

That stuff regenerates itself in the box - sure everyone knows that!

Rachael said...

I inheritied some of the colored kind about a year after it was popular, and am still using it... 4 years later. :)

Laurie and Chris said...

The everyday things that make us crazy!!!! :) Why do we put ourselves through it for a couple of bucks? Because it is in our normal routine of the day!:)

BUY YOURSELF A NEW ROLL!!!!

Anonymous said...

well hello maybe that wrap has a picture of itself in the attic called dorien grey ??????? angie xx

Anonymous said...

I hate plastic wrap..it makes me cuss. I try my best to use plastic bags.And I love snapware.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...