Thursday, August 20, 2009

Things that just aren't "working" for me..

So we all have those moments..

..when we think.."Um, excuse me? Miss? Yeah, well this {motioning wildly in the air} is just not working for me, OK?"
I don't know what they are saying, but I think it has to do with after shave and team breast exams....
Like pimples and age spots..

"Mr. Pharmacist, do you have a cream that will take care of pesky skin break-outs AND reduce the sign of age-spots??"

Like ADD and short-term-memory?

"Where did I put those 15 books I am reading??"

or..

'To change your password, answer this security question...where were you born."

"Chicago"

"That answer is incorrect . Re-type the correct answer to the security question, where were you born."

"CHICAGO"

"That answer is incorrect Are your caps on? Please re-type the correct answer to the question, where were you born."

Are you kidding me?? CHICAGO... ILLINOIS... in a hospital...so I could be close to my Mother, for pete's sake!!"

"You have used up all of your security attempts. Your account is locked for 24 hours. Have a nice day. If you have further questions, log into your account with your password and click on the contact us link"

Fondly,

Your security team :-)

My Dad used to say.."It's too hot to run the air conditioning in the car. It will over heat. "

Wha????

The older I get, the more I don't know. Isn't it supposed to he other way around? So if I live much longer I will be totally stupid. Huh...

Ellen DeGeneres was talking about us supposedly having all these time saving things so we could save time -

what, like in a bundle? To be used later? To do what with?? nothing, right? We want time to just do.. nothing?

We never know how much time we have left, and we certainly can't save time in a bundle to be used later. That's why she (and I ) believe in procrastination. Start using that time now to do....nothing....

Have a good, do-nothing tomorrow. I know I will...if I can remember where I was born...

-me
Oh yeah..what were we thinking???

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This really made laugh, especially the security question. I have to write all that down or I'd never remember it, although I'm pretty sure I know where I was born.

Heather said...

LOL! you got it sister!

The Texas Woman said...

Can you love someone you've never met? Because I think I love you. No, not in the Ellen-DeGeneres way. In the you're-so-funny-and-I-want-to-be-just-like-you way!

Lori R. said...

Ohhh so you have the same bank that I do.... I have about bust that little vein in my forehead over security clearance. And the worst is when, you know the bank is closed for the weekend and noone is there to clear the security error.
So that is how I got hooked on caffeine, hmmm, I'll have to ask my parent about that...
Have a great weekend C. ....

Vicki/Jake said...

What a fun way to start the day...love your posts. And thanks for the comment on mine. I have you on this blog www.lifesoverhaul.blogspot.com Thanks for putting me on yours. I need to learn how to do it like yours..still so many *new to me* things on here. Need to talk to you about your job with the DNA stuff. Very interesting family I have....
Have a good weekend
Vicki

Little Penpen said...

Those security questions get me everytime! I'm glad to know it's not just me.

Laurie said...

Ah yes, how many times I've been locked out of my own account because the stupid thing doesn't believe where I was born, which was one question I knew I'd get the answer right!

debi said...

LOL! Thanks for the chuckle. I can totally relate. Great post!

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...