Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Have you ever dreamed...

..that you couldn't sleep? And, you don't really know if you were asleep and dreaming or if you really weren't sleeping..or if you were sleeping so deeply that you were dreaming ..of not sleeping??


Are you still with me here?

Last night, I had a cuppa tea in the evening. Something I have done before with no ill effects. Chi Latte tea with Sweet-n-Low and CoffeeMate Caramel Vanilla....( do you say CAR-MUL or Care-a-Mel?? Just wondering...)

Oh, that reminds me....Mother use to let us have tea and always with milk (preferably half-and-half) and sugar when we were kids, but never, ever coffee.

Coffee was " for grown-ups"...even though tea has a much caffeine as coffee...who knew??

Oh! Oh! This is one of my most favorite movies! Have you seen it??It's great. It's one I can watch over and over..however, I can't really, because I don't have it..but the next time I want to buy one, that's what I'm getting...ah..I loved that movie..


So we grew up with the perk of the percolator and the smell of coffee..and it smelled WonDErfUl.. But, it tasted horrible..wopakapo..awful!


My brother, the Kindergarten Cowboy told me the recipe for Cowboy Coffee:

1 fist full of coffee
1 boot full of water
Boil hard.


Kind of like vanilla - have you ever smelled the vanilla in the bottle? Then tasted it?? blech...

How can something smell that good and be that bad? I guess it's like Brussel sprouts - they smell bad but taste good. Huh..things I don't have answers to...

Anyway, I think I may have been dreaming about not sleeping, because I think I woke up from sleeping only to realize I could not sleep..however...I think I was sleeping...


So today's been a bit....Rum-Dum for me. Dreams can be tricky...guess I'll go to bed and see where I go tonight...let's hope it's to sleep....

-me

12 comments:

Joyce said...

Hello my dear friend! cute and clever post, as always brings a smile to my face :-)
where did you find the sweet picture of the teddy bears in this post? they are just too adorable! and I am a sucker for bunnies and bears...

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Never dreamed of not sleeping, at least I don't think so. But, it makes me wonder. Something to think about. Loved your post.
Smiles,
Pat

RoeH said...

I grew up with a bunch of Idaho ranch(s) full of relatives and they all drank coffee. Tasted it once. Yuk. But they all did and it smelled just wonderful in the mornings when you were still in bed. Boy. Would I like those days back. And I've never seen Tea with Mussolini. Guess I'll have to get it.

diane b said...

I don't remember my dreams very often. I love the smell of coffee but not keen on the bitter tatse much rather a nice cup of tea.(Must be my English blood)

A Wild Thing said...

Oh my God, that just happened to me the other night. It was very windy outside and I hesitated sleeping upstairs because it sounds like hurricane Rita when I do, but I persisted and me and the dog curled up in the big ol' iron bed, only slightly worrying about the giant Chinese elm right outside the window that would bury us six feet under...did I say slightly...I should've said hour after hour...lying in wait, tossing and turning...did I mention hour after hour???

But I THINK it may have been around 3:00AM when I finally fell asleep, again I think...but only to have a dream that I was in this huge old building, a hotel sorta and I couldn't find my way back to my room, #46...

By the time I awoke at 6:00, my usual time...I felt like I had been on a bender for 3 days...took me 2 days to recover.

Moral...I sleep on the sofa next time the wind blows!!!

Have a restfull day...PLEASE!!!

sharon

Betty said...

I think vanilla is a lot like perfume...smells good, tastes bad (oh, yeah, I have tasted perfume..haha).

Brussel sprouts taste GOOD??? Okay, that's a no for me! I think they taste just as bad as they smell. I do like cabbage a little.

Vee said...

Funny header! =D

I say care-ah-mel.

Half and half is considered by tea experts to be too heavy for the delicate flavor of tea, but I like half n' half in my tea, too. I don't dare to drink tea in the evening...no sleep for me. I hope that you were dreaming about not sleeping instead of the alternative.

Heather said...

oh my goodness i had a hard time keeping up with your thoughts today, LOL. must be the lack of sleep or the thought that i had a lack of sleep last night? i'm not sure anymore! i love the picture of you in your header! and the cat in the bunny suit, LOL LOL LOL.

Charmingdesigns said...

I say Car mall, Stacey says Care mell.LOL Laurie

Little Penpen said...

Hope you sleep well tonight! I've been drinking coffee since I was a kid. I remember walking around the kitchen table after everyone left the table, and pouring everyone's "leftover" coffee into one cup.... and enjoying the almost full cup of cold coffee. Sounds pretty gross now, but I remember as some good tasting stuff!

Karen said...

I've definitely done that. I'm a horrible sleeper and dream a lot when I do sleep. I do sometimes dream that I'm tossing and turning and can't sleep....but I think I'm asleep.....unless I'm daydreaming...

Julie said...

So many topics - what to cover first.

In college, especially, I used to hear the alarm, turn it off, get up and get ready, then wake up and find out I had dreamed all that. I think my brain wanted to fool me in order to get more rest.

When I was young I hated coffee and my Norwegian Grandma thought I was a changeling 'cause how could I be Norwegian and not love coffee? Then for years I drank too much so quit to feel better. Now I only have it occasionally at a Starbucks (large mocha, please). Never been much of a tea drinker, but since you have recommended "Tea and Mussolini" I will try to see it.

Brussell Sprouts? OMG, the worst taste in the world. But I agree with foods smelling great and tasting bad - it's pickles for me - and they're such a pretty color too.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...