Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hey,it's almost bedtime on a Sunday night.....

.....I remember as a kid not wanting to see the week-end come to a close. Many years later and I still feel that way.


Excpet....this next week is going to be so much fun - so I really want it to start..


First, my sister, Kathy (the one I took to milk the cow) is coming for the night. A sleep -over! She and her husband Bruce are driving through to Idaho to visit his son and family for the Fourth. They'll get here about supper time on Tuesday, spend the night, then finish the trip.


Yes, it will be short. But you have no idea how much fun that either of my sisters and I can have in just a few short hours.


Then, on Thursday, Mr. B's brother, the other Mr. B ( Mr. B version 2.0) and his beautiful wife, Colette, will be coming to stay for the Fourth through our Mother-in-Law's (mine and Colette's - not the Mr. B's) birthday on the 7th of July.


They are the ones from the San Diego area who were all packed to be evacuated in last year's fires- but didn't have to at the last moment - let's pray it doesn't happen again!


So we have a lot of things sort of planned, although we're really not planners - we'd rather just say, "Hey, ya wanna go there..?" or "Let's try that for diner..."

This is last year's Mother-in-law's birthday..



The 2 Mr.s B's - The original (on the right) and Mr. B 2.0 (although Mr. B - original - is younger than Mr. B 2.0......I'm just sayin'.....)
(makes a Momma proud, wouldn't you say??)

We do have one neat bookstore we could go to and a couple of fun eating establishments to try.


There's a beautiful 55 acre gardens (Thanksgiving Point Gardens) that should be spectacular this time of year..they have a Monet garden, a Secret Garden garden.., and many other beautiful ones to see.


Also, most of the snow has melted and we may be able to go for a ride in the mountains.


Oh, and Sacha and I are going to see Wall-E - that adorable little robot from Pixar..I've heard he's really cute.


I'm planning on bringing a blanket to work. Outside the building, there's a little creek with a shady place to sit and watch the Momma and baby ducks swim by. Thought that's be a good place for a picnic lunch right in the middle of the work week.


Well, there you have it - my week's plans from a girl that doesn't plan....


Hope it turns out OK...


-me


ps - here's the galvanized stars I was telling you about - Mr. B is working sooo hard on the backyard! It's really coming along.


8 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Sounds like a wonderful week Colleen!! I know you will have so much fun with your sister, wish I could be a fly on the wall. The picnic at the creek sounds wonderful Colleen, be sure to take the camera! Hope your week is great, xxoo, Dawn

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

Colleen,

Sister are so much fun. Going the 4th to see mine...we sound like you and your sister. Say Wall-E on Friday with my grandson's. I have one word for it .AWESOME.....it is a wonderful love story...have fun

Betty said...

Kathy is so excited to be coming to see you; glad the feeling is mutual! My sisters and I have the same sort of relationship; as soon as I've seen them, I miss them and want to see them again.

You are right...Colette is beautiful and Mr. B, the 2nd, looks to be as much fun as your Mr. B...you'll have a great time, I'm sure. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy week,but you are one lady that can pull it all together.I will keep checking back. Also I really need to borrow Mr.B=)

Charmingdesigns said...

Love your stars! Have fun by the creek, or is it crick.lol Laurie

Anonymous said...

HI Colleen, I enjoyed catching up with your blog. I missed you!...love Pam

Jan said...

Hey lady! Enjoy all your fun non plans for the week! ENJOY your sister and Mr. B 2.0 and his wife! Those visits will be so much fun!
Take care and I'll catch up when I get back from NC!
Hugs...

Jan

Julie said...

I hope you have a fabulous Fourth of July weekend. We had a picnic at work today - in the parking lot! Complete with a bbq grill, picnic table and lots of comfy foldup chairs. They called it a "retreat" to justify the money spent to the college. The building we are in is at the top of a hill and has the most beautiful view of Bismarck and countryside.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...