Monday, June 23, 2008

Ahhh, I do so love the sunrise...

..just wish it didn't start so early.....

..this morning when I got up, the sun just started peeking up from the mountains. It streamed in through the screen on to the flowers so I got the camera out. ...


didja wonder what I was going to do with the Scrabble letters??

This is what I see at the front door looking out - though the screen door.

The rose bushes are really looking good- and the grass is green.

Mother in Law planted some great blooms - I like seeing them through the screen door....
Sadly, George Carlin died today. I really liked some of his stuff - and speaking of "stuff" Google George Carlin's "Stuff" - it's really funny -
Because I have an affinity to quotes - here are a few of my favorite George Carlin ones....
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.

Think off-center.

What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.

There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning...
I don't have hobbies. Hobbies cost money. Interests are quite free.

Always do whatever's next.

Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

And, finally….

I'm always relieved when someone is delivering a eulogy and I realize I'm listening to it.


Good bye George Carlin - I hope they have room for your stuff in Heaven :-)

-me

6 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

Great quotes!! Laurie

Jan said...

Ah, aren't we going to miss George Carlin. While some of his recent work was just not my style, his older bits just cracked me up! Thanks for the quotes, they made me smile! : )
I knew you'd find a perfectly marvelous use for your scrabble pieces. Those things can go for big bucks on ebay....provided you have a thousand or so to sell! : )
Thank you so much for your comments yesterday. You're a gem!
Hugs..

Jan

Betty said...

Heaven is where you meet all the dogs you ever loved...AND George Carlin! He was a treasure.

On a side note, nice to see pictures of grass...we have so little in town!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about george carlin,he was a big favorite of my aunt sally in canada she is some distant realitive of his[her maiden name is carlin]she rang him one time when he was playing in calgary and chatted away for ages,light of heaven to him.Angie

Julie said...

I was a great fan of George Carlin. Today I learned that Tasha Tudor has also died. A very different person indeed, but a death that also saddens me a great deal.

Laurie and Chris said...

I love what you did with the scrabble letters they look really cute. We were very sad to hear about George Carlin also.

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...