Saturday, May 10, 2008

A very Pre - "Happy Mother's Day" day...



Happy Prequel to Mother's Day 2008

One of the nice things about having a married child near you is that they usually like to spend one day with you and one day with the in-laws...

This is by no means a bad thing, especially when my day is Saturday and the in-law's day is Sunday.

Especially with holidays like Mother's Day - I end up with 2! One for he & his wife with me and one for the rest of the kids and my Mother-in-law and me.

Do I plan well or what??

Today was one of the best days weather-wise we've had all year. Sunny but not too hot - no wind..flowers bloomin'...



Is there anything prettier than yellow & red??

We walked all over Gardner Village, a settlement of historic houses moved to an area they've made into boutiques, shops, Archibald's Restaurant and a tea cottage.






Duck pond and covered bridge - great back-drop for photos...


It was no surprise that is was busy - what with the nice weather and all...

This little shop is for lease...any takers??

We managed to visit, laugh and take some great photos.

Here are a few to share...then I'll let you get back to you celebrations...

Mr. & Mrs. P and my Mom-in-Law...


Even the sides of the buildings are pretty....



This red bard houses a furniture store..




This is the entrance to shop where I took the pictures below...






Hey Dawn, this signs for you....!!



This is the tea shop where they have tea parties..it was crazy-busy so we didn't get in...
This is inside another shop called "Off the Shelf"...




One of my favorite stores - you can get butterfly wings, Fairy Dust and tiarras...


Windmills and power lines...how un-photogenic....
This shop has some of the most unique and expensive shoes I've ever seen....more like "art" than shoes...(coming from one who lives in Crocs and sneekers....)
An old water wheel photo taken from the ramp into the Archibald's Restaurant...
...and no matter how old they are...Kids will always be kids!!!
To all of us, Happy Mother's Day everyone!
-me

9 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

What wonderful pictures!! Have another wonderful Mothers Day!! Laurie

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Thanks for that tour of Gardner Village. Imagine they were actual houses they moved. And thanks for taking us inside I was hoping you would. Love the sign about the fairies! Have a nice Mother's Day...love Pam

the tattered nest said...

Happy Mother's day Colleen! I am so jealous..you are so lucky to have Gardner Village near you! I want to rent out that shop that is for lease! wanna do it with me? It would be a commute from Minnesota...second thought I better ask my husband first! Have a great part 2 to your Mother's day!

Anonymous said...

Happy mothers day ,loved the photos and i really enjoyed the tour its a very beautiful,I started to oh and ah and then i remembered i cant buy any of those lovely things,yes the grass is greener on the other side.I have been knowen to be dragged out of shops like that,after two hours even my shopping loving sisters got fed up and hauled me out !!!

The Feathered Nest said...

What a beautiful day you had with your family!!!! Love the shops too AND the fairy sign!! You knew I would....I hope you have a wonderful Mother's WEEKEND Colleen....I have had a great one myself...tonight my husband's making an amazing dinner of Chicken Salad Croissants with grapes and toasted pecans, coleslaw, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers & vidalia onions in italian dressing, fresh fruit and herbed couscous!!!! Sugared strawberries and whipped cream for dessert......Yummmo. His mother and father are coming for dinner!! Take care sweetie xxoo, Dawn

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Colleen, if I come visit you, will you take me there? That looks like the most wonderful place! I want to lease that shop and fill it with mosaics!

Happy Mother's day!
Penny

Jan said...

I wanna go there too! What a great place! Oh Colleen, it looks like you had a fabulous day! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Jan

Little Penpen said...

Gardner Village is beautiful! I love the red and yellow picture. I think that shop for lease has your name written all over it. Maybe that's what you should be doing!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Oh what a beautiful tour of Gardner Village (love the village)...I do believe you should be getting an advertising commission your photos are so awesome. Thanks for the sweet comment about Mother's Day. Looks like yours was wonderful.
Blessings,
LeAnn

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...