Monday, May 26, 2008

I saw something I really really liked...

..on HGTV - which is no surprise to many of you who are fans.

They did a room over with a decidedly tropic-theme. Not my usual fare, but they made curtains and slip covered a chair using a material called "bark cloth" -

I had never heard of this but as you know I'm not much of a sewer (that word still looks funny to me - not "funny" like haha - but like I totally spelled it wrong..)

Anyway, I saw some of the most beautiful florals I have ever seen! Like beautiful paintings - lovely artwork....I looked some up and here's what I mean...

These swatches don't look exactly like the one they used on the show - that one had bigger flowers, but spaced out - not too busy - and it was a crisp white background - but you get the general idea here. Love it! I think used as an accent piece like on a sun porch or dinning room would be pretty.

I made another composition book - this one was inspired by Anna Corba and her works. I just love what she does, so I took her lead to make myself this note-taking book...

Front...


Close-up..


Back...

Back close-up..


Ta-Da!


This was fast & fun. I also was inspired by Cath Kidson's work - I love the oil-cloth brightness of her stuff. I think I'll try these books using some real oil-cloth instead of paper.

Anyway, that's what I was up to today - it was raining buckets (we need it so I won't complain) and with the horrible weather some states are having, all I can do it be grateful and sent up prayers for those who have been affected.

Have a good tomorrow.

-me

6 comments:

COLLS GARDEN said...

Hee Hee. Colleen, I'm with you. It just doesn't look right, that word. Is it "so-er" or "sue-er". How can 2 totally different words be spelt the same? Anyhoo, glad you had a relaxing day & your babies too. They look sooo cute.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Jan said...

I think the word you're looking for is seamstress! : ) "Sewer" is the smelly stuff! LOL!
The book is adorable! Glad you had a relaxing day!

Jan

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Colleen!! I love barkcloth!! Have a bit of a collection...I need to make some tote bags out of some to sell in my shop. Your composition book is wonderful! I love the look of it ~ colors and composition...hope you're having a great week!! xxoo, Dawn

Charmingdesigns said...

Wow!! Its beautiful!! Laurie

Little Penpen said...

I think I saw the same episode on HGTV yesterday with the bark cloth! What will we do when we go back to work, girl? Less HGTV time!!!

Pearl said...

Very cute journal I like it

Wanna see what I've been up to ??

 I always wanted a dollhouse. My dad was a carpenter and was asked by one of his wealthy customers to make a dollhouse for their daughter. I...